Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Story So Far - I Want To Disappear (June 21, 2024) • Page 26

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chcurry182, Mar 21, 2024.

1. dorfmac

Trusted

Now that I’ve listened to this front to back, I’d say there’s nothing about it that’s stand out. Just a run of the mill story so far record.

Paulms85 likes this.
  2. Badtasteinmusic

Regular

The lyrics were the best part of the record for me, I did a listen just zeroing in on them and they hit pretty hard. I can’t imagine losing a parent, it’s gonna be hard when it happens.

3. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I definitely would like to hear more opinions on the "Is root beer soda?" question, as well as on whether people like root beer or birch beer more. Also what everyone's favorite root beer brands are because I feel like that can be a contentious question as well.

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I don’t mean to be a wet blanket, but this is why people get so annoyed and defensive when issues of accountability are brought up. Linking legitimate conversation regarding artists and their actions with trolling for trolling’s sake kinda dilutes the message. I know I’m being a dork about it, but it makes it harder to get the initial message across in the first place if it just devolves into what everyone said it was going to. This is why people immediately get their hackles up

plus, now anyone’s salient points about Parker being a loser fuck who employs a rapist are lost in a wash of soda

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Anyway the best soda is either a Black Cherry Wishniak Canada Dry or the Cherry soda you get at Steve’s Prince of Steaks

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Yeah that's fair. For me, I just wanted to join in on the thread derailment.

Did not mean to take away from the main point that Parker is a friend/bandmate of a rapist who allows said rapist to use his platform as a means of gaining access to young fans/money.

Carrow, theagentcoma and onionbubs like this.
  7. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

This was alright I guess. Pretty standard album from this band. Polished version of their older sound, and I just have to accept that Proper Dose was a one-time thing from them and it’s their only album I’ll ever enjoy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

This definitely passed the car test. Listening to this while driving around during my lunch break on a hot summer day feels like what it was made for.

I can't help but think of someone trying to write an emo song for a high school talent show when I hear the closer though.

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Coming from someone who has - the lyrics to some of these tracks hit me like a ton of bricks. Keep You Around? White Shores? Goddamn.

10. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Never really listened to these guys. i wasn’t gonna check this out but seeing the thread bumped all day made me wanna give it a try.

Phantoms and Badtasteinmusic like this.
  11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Record release show from last night is up if anyone is interested.

12. Penlab

Prestigious Supporter

Assuming you're being serious, you might want to take a few minutes to understand why the thread is being bumped.

jorbjorb, Joe4th, Carrow and 3 others like this.
  13. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Surprised that I was able to listen to 80% of the album on my drive to work lol these songs went by quick. In a good way though. The back half has no filler at all. The first half I only liked the singles. "Keep You Around" is probably my favorite of the non singles. I don't think it's my favorite of theirs, but it's still great.

14. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

My first impressions are that 6 years was a long time to wait for a short and pretty by the numbers tssf album. A lot of ear worms on here though that i can see being good summer jams and getting stuck in my head.

malloz16 and Paulms85 like this.
  15. Mike Billy

Regular

Harry raped someone??? I thought he just got a hand job 10 years ago.

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

MidDave likes this.
  17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I’m not sure why I replied in earnest, this is that dude’s whole deal

jorbjorb, dylan, Joe4th and 2 others like this.
  18. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

You guys brought out the second worst poster after OTW in Anthony_. Hope you’re happy

Anthony_ and michael_gatto like this.
  19. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Ok

jorbjorb, Joe4th, Carrow and 2 others like this.
  20. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Something interesting that seems to be a change that's gradually happened over time: there is ZERO grit to Parker's vocals on this album.

21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

My man, why do you come out of the woodwork to insult me when as far as I know we have 0 interaction on the site, lol. Weirdo behavior, and the last time I called you out for it you apologized immediately

22. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

It does sound pretty clean and polished, especially compared to the last No Pressure album. I don't mind it though.

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

IMG_0208.png

This is it. This is all I have of us interacting in the 8 years I’ve been on the site. Two times of me asking who you are and one time of me insulting the hot ones guy. Strange stuff

24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I miss the grit but accept that’s direction Parker is going with TSSF.

WadeCastle and almightykingdom like this.
  25. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

Let's not forget that Four Year Strong and Keep Flying are tied into that as well as the guy who helped try and cover up Harry Corrigan's assault plays in Keep Flying and tour manages/does merch for Four Year Strong (or at least to, not sure if he's still working with FYS but he did for a while).

Aaron Mook and Anthony_ like this.