Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Story So Far - I Want To Disappear (June 21, 2024) • Page 25

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chcurry182, Mar 21, 2024.

1. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

This is decent. Last song is a miss but everything else is pretty sweet. I wish it were longer and more varied though.

FTank likes this.
  2. TDenverFan

Regular

I'd give it like a 7.5/10 after two listens. My initial impression is it's a good album, but I liked Proper Dose more, and i kinda expected more after a ~6 year gap.

The closer also isn't my favorite, but the melody is stuck in my head nevertheless.

sleon.518 likes this.
  3. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I agree with whoever said it’s a tighter version of their older sound. Nothing groundbreaking at all, but will get a lot of play from me

sleon.518, TDenverFan, Indigo and 3 others like this.
  4. btr

Trusted Supporter

Doesn’t top Proper Dose or What You Don't See, but it’s better than Self-Titled. 6 years is a long time since the last one, but touring off Proper Dose into the 2 year pandemic mixed with lineup changes & health issues, I doubt this was in the works longer than 2 years ago. Wouldn't have even gotten Big Blind last year if it wasn't for the blink tour

5. Penlab

Prestigious Supporter

I know, right? How did we get this far without anyone discussing Mello Yello? Frankly, I blame myself.

Aaron Mook, 333 GANG, Indigo and 3 others like this.
  6. ScubaSteve182

Regular

Surge> mellow yellow

tylerwfy likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The chorus of Keep You Around definitely hit me in the feels. Relatable stuff.

FTank and brentkid like this.
  8. Penlab

Prestigious Supporter

This is true, but you have to take what the Lord provides.

ScubaSteve182 likes this.
  9. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The real dark horse soft drink imo is Squirt. I had never had it until the last like two years or so. That stuff is delicious. I've also had Mexican Squirt in a glass bottle and it's even better!

[​IMG]

Also Cheer Wine is great.

[​IMG]

10. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i'm sure it'll grow on me but kneejerk first listen reaction is that at least they gave us proper dose.

11. Penlab

Prestigious Supporter

Birch beer is pretty fuckin' good too.

ScubaSteve182 likes this.
  12. Anthony_

I go back and forth on whether I like Birch Beer or Root Beer more. Are they "soda" though? I feel like I remember that being a big debate like that root beer and birch beer aren't technically soda? Not sure if that's a thing or not.

theagentcoma likes this.
  13. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

Specialty stuff, but I got on a Virgil's root beer kick for a while. Cream soda was good too.

14. Penlab

Prestigious Supporter

Is this like the "is a hot dog a sandwich" debate?

15. Fucking Dustin

Prestigious Supporter

There's 1 gas station I found in the middle of nowhere in Texas that has Cheerwine so I tried it, it's wonderful

16. Anthony_

It may be? That's kind of why I was hesitant to raise it in the first place lol

My favorite BBQ spot in NJ always has it stocked and it's a treat that I get sometimes when I go there. I think it's most popular in the Southeast US? People in the southeast please feel free to correct me on that though.

17. Fucking Dustin

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I recall it being a big NC/SC thing

18. Anthony_

I think when I went to Virginia Beach two years ago the Cook Out near where we stayed had it in the fountain? But I always got a milkshake when I went.

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. MacbethSin

Regular

Acoustic ending hits weird on a short, punchy album – I prefer how Joyce Manor leaves on a banger on 40 oz to Fresno. for example

Big Blind still my favorite, I absolutely love that song

This is a nice addition to the catalog overall and I'm fine if they alternate something like this with something reaching higher like Proper Dose

20. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

It's not hard to find, but I don't think I've ever heard someone say, "Man, I need a Cheerwine". I'm in Alabama, so maybe that's a thing in the Carolinas.

21. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Yall ever have sun drop? That’s one of my favorites and I hate that it’s not available in MI

jorbjorb likes this.
  22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Yes but the strawberry one

Literal likes this.
  23. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

think you’re spot on here

jorbjorb likes this.
  24. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Cheerwine is top tier.