Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Story So Far - I Want To Disappear (June 21, 2024) • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Chcurry182, Mar 21, 2024.

1. drewinseries

Drew

I don't know the exact issues but there have seemed to be a lot of bands with issues with him post-recording. It's all anecdotal from my end, but I will say his posts in here make him seem genuine. TDS also seem like jackasses so maybe he's just had a bad run with artists?

2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Don’t like the song as much as Big Blind, but still a solid tune. This stylistic shift has been good for them

3. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I just feel like there’s a common denominator with all these stories

journeyproud likes this.
  4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Really enjoying the vibe of the new song and the direction. Seems a bit more controlled. It’s also nice to see Ryan back on drums in the music video.

Topping Proper Dose is going to be stretch for me though. One of my favorite albums thats come out in the past ten years.

Paulms85 and JamesMichael like this.
  5. I can’t remember which one, but I did listen to a podcast with him many years ago in which he seemed almost proudly off-putting and full of himself. Gave a lot of the “yeah I am an asshole, but it’s because I care” type spiel. Which I’m sure is fine in some scenarios but also extremely easy to clash with in others

edit: it might have been that old production podcast with Jesse Cannon

youll be fine and TriangularDuck like this.
  6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

He’s in a band with Harry Corrigan but the discourse is about whether or not they were rude to a producer? C’mon guys

serotoninsummer and Carrow like this.
  7. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Haven't watched the MV yet but if they're still doing the Oasis thing it's funny because the former bassist said he introduced Parker to them.

RE: Sam pura. I think the issue is the stuff after the record is produced but still going through the final steps before release. But holding up TSFF and TDS as moral beacons is... not it.

8. MacbethSin

Regular

Just saw in 2017 there was a run with TSSF + Turnstile + Drug Church?? Missed it when I was young enough to actually survive that show

9. trevorshmevor Mar 21, 2024
    (Last edited: Mar 21, 2024)
    Fwiw I’m definitely still skeeved out by Parker’s continued relationship with Harry. I earnestly believe in not abandoning your loved ones in the wake of holding them accountable, but the stuff that came out about Harry was pretty vile and he essentially did nothing but let his network of friends sweep it under the rug for him. The fact that Parker actively helped put him back on a stage after all that sucks ass. Idk. Setting aside streaming, which we all know does jack shit for artists monetarily, I haven’t supported TSSF in ages and don’t really intend to start with this cycle. That’s really all I’ve got to say on that matter

10. btr

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, saw it in a 500 cap room. Crazy times.

11. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

I got into the sold out DC TSSF/Drug Church show by getting on Drug Church’s guest list by giving them a 1lb bag of sour patch kids.

12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Such an awesome tour, 600 cap room in Columbus

13. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

Letterman sounds good to me. Listened to big blind like once when it came out so not even sure what’s different lol but I like it well enough.

14. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Production on Big Blind sounds much better. Not as wall of soundy

JamesMichael likes this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This album is only 28 minutes. Whoa.

16. jayreimenschneider

Regular

Good song

17. frankfromquebec

She calls it a mayonegg

They also released a new version of Big Blind which I do not like at all. Too clean. Hopefully I get used to it.

18. Samuel Pura

Newbie Verified

[​IMG]

19. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

FWIW re: pura and TDS, pretty sure he wanted AJ to stop writing so many songs and focus on editing down and focus on quality over quantity and AJ said nah. I believe that based on their post Mother Nature output.

20. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Both of these songs are pretty by the numbers TSSF. Neither are on the level of Proper Dose.

frankfromquebec and JamesMichael like this.
  21. DyingGaslight

DyingUnderGaslight

Production is good on the new song, just wish it had another gear. Looking forward the rest.

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Letterman is supposed to the outlier on the album and fans of older stuff should be pleased with the rest of the album.

Per the dude who produced and mixed the album. - Jon Markson

23. drewinseries

Drew

Damn, Letterman is sick. Would love more of that.

24. Allhailburnzy

Trusted Supporter

Reason why I liked Proper Dose was because of the evolution, the last two albums before kinda felt like they were writing the same song over and over again.

I dig Letterman too hopefully the rest isn’t a complete rehash of the other stuff

JamesMichael and FTank like this.
  25. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I can already tell this album won't top Proper Dose for me but I can't deny that Letterman has been stuck in my head since.