Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Story So Far – “Nerve” (Video)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Wow the band members look bored as hell. I would've thought they would have put on at least a little for a video release.

Crowd looks like they're having a great time though.

3. They hate music videos and think they're dumb, and they play up that schtick in the videos... it's really annoying at this point. Everything about this band annoys me (and to some extent disgusts me with their lyrical content/actions on stage), but they did have some bangers on the first two records.

4. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah this song rips. Say what you want about Parker and their lyrics on the first record, but they know what they do and they execute it well.

A lot of bands have tried to imitate them, but their is a reason none have gotten as big. It's because they just aren't as good.

Seems strange you would like the first two but not the new one? I think Smile, Mock & Solo are up with their best songs.

5. The production/mix on the new record is one of the most infuriating I've ever heard, and he retreads the same lyrical topics in such an aggravating way, like he has learned literally nothing in all of these years. He still sounds like the same kid. Also, the songs sound like b-sides from the other two records. Phantom is the only song worth listening to multiple times.

I don't hate the record, I just find it aggressively mediocre and lazy and don't think the band deserves the fame they have received from it.

6. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I agree lyrically, but otherwise we shall agree to disagree.

What You Don't See is easily their best album though.

7. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

He's definitely not alone in his opinion. I'd say there are a large number of fans who feel the self-titled is a step down in terms of quality, myself included.

8. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Oh I didn't insinuate that he is alone in feeling this way, I'm sure he's not, I was merely curious :-)

9. WYDS is definitely the best, on that we can agree. The mix/master on that record is gorgeous.