Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Stereo Recorded a New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Jamie Woolford was on the latest Power Chord Hour and revealed that The Stereo have recently recorded and finished a brand new album.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

This better be fucking true. Don’t fucking fuck with me.

ZacJ and alkalinexandy like this.
  3. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

So stoked for this. Really curious to see how this one gets released. The podcast also mentioned they were in discussions but didn't specify if it was with a label, whether it was just for the vinyl, etc.

4. Eml182

Regular

Ohhhhhh wow!

5. mybreakingpoint

The Greatest Escapegoat

This is awesome. I’ll always remember finding them on Myspace back in the day and hearing “Have I turned my back on Minneapolis...?” And was like this sounds just like Fall Out Boy singing, “I could be an accident but I’m still trying...” on Where Is Your Boy Tonight? I’m sure it wasn’t intentional but it definitely made me raise my eyebrows.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  6. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

I'm sure you weren't actually doubting it, but it's 100% true! And... Rory's back in the band! They've been recording it for a while, but apparently it's finished.

Too, while Jamie's been finishing up the album, Rory's been putting together a podcast to tell the band's story. There's interviews, etc. And it should be interesting to hear his perspective on the band he helped start, then wasn't in again... And now has re-joined. Haha.

Honestly? It's probably a deliberate nod. Or at the very least, it's influenced by it. Patrick Stump is an admitted Jamie Woolford fanboy since the Animal Chin days, and has cited him more than a few times as a huge influence on his vocal delivery.

mybreakingpoint likes this.
  7. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Yeah! I listened to the pod this morning and enjoyed the shit out of it. Can’t wait to maybe even get a chance to see them live. I remember asking Rory about Jamie in like 2007 and he did not have nice things to say.

alkalinexandy likes this.
  8. alkalinexandy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, they've obviously mended fences since then. But I know things were tense back then!

I've never managed to see them live either. I'm not sure how I missed them during their initial run because I was a big fan from Three Hundred. Probably just had bad luck... And the small handful of shows they've done since then just haven't happened for me.

I would have gone when they played Fest, but I had already booked up several trips that year and it just wasn't in the cards.

So yeah. Really hoping for a Stereo tour come 2022!

9. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

This is just the most delicious news. I can’t wait.

Former Planets and alkalinexandy like this.
  10. ZacJ

This absolutely fucking rules.