Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Starting Line Band • Page 46

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

song was always one of the highlights on the album and an absolute bop.

2. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

At 32 it’s definitely a little cringe, but I can look past it.

3. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Nights and Weekends is at worst like the 4th best song from the whole era and would have been the best lead single. Absurd it was a bside.

4. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Wow, never heard this before. They definitely have more b sides than any band I can think of.

Surfwax likes this.
  5. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

Not sure if it was in contention for BOATS, but I'm assuming this demo was from right around that time. Aside from never getting to a finished state I'd say the exact same things about this one:

kelseyleigh and jordalsh like this.
  6. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Yea, that song rules

Surfwax likes this.
  7. I was amping up for BOATS this weekend when I remembered that they decided to do these streams on Wednesdays

TedSchmosby likes this.
  8. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Isn’t it next Friday?

Brent likes this.
  9. Brent likes this.
  10. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

this is the correct take. like how?

11. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

So amped for the BOATS stream. Think I’ll skip the best of though

12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Same. I was never a big fan of SILYMI even when it first came out aside from a few decent tracks. I imagine the set will consist heavily from that era and The Make Yourself at Home EP/BOATS are what really won me over anyways.

13. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I’m curious what the set will consist of. I doubt they’ll replay anything from BOATS or Directions, but if they were doing SILYMI in full they would’ve just called it that! Greg’s Last Day will for sure be in there, I’m Real maybe??

Brent likes this.
  14. Greg

I would be shocked if the Best of isn’t like 4 songs from each album

irthesteve likes this.
  15. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Yeah I wondered what that set will consist of, but it’ll probably just be really heavy on SILYMI with other songs mixed in. One or two from each EP, a really really old song (pre-With Hopes of Starting Over), then a couple of repeats from the other two album streams. I would be really impressed if they threw in a b-side or a cover.

TedSchmosby likes this.
  16. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Greg’s Last Day will no doubt be on the best of.

JamesMichael likes this.
  17. manoverboard365

Trusted

The BOATS b-sides are some of their best songs and it makes me mad that they never got properly released. I'm talking about Nights and Weekends, Lasting Impressions and Classic Jazz, specifically.

As for Bedroom Talk, I never was offended by the lyric, it just made me cringe and sounded very childish. But back in the day I was obsessed with that verse line "My heart was racing like a sprinter who tripped and fell."
    I think they most likely picked it as a single because it was the closest they came to sounding like SILYMI.

Brent likes this.
  18. Greg

I wouldn’t be surprised if the best of was these songs in some order

Up and Go
    Given the Chance
    Leaving
    Best of Me
    Surprise Surprise
    Inspired by the $
    Ready
    photography
    Direction
    Birds
    Island
    Somebody’s Gonna Miss us

Brent and Leftandleaving like this.
  19. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

After they play both BOATS and Direction from front to back, I don’t really care what they play for their third set haha

Brent and trevorshmevor like this.
  20. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

I wish it was a mix of SILYMI and the EPs and B sides instead of a best of. Feel like that would have been better

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah, I was expecting it to be like 8 songs from SILYMI, the 3 songs from the Anyways EP, Greg's Last Day and Playing Favorites.

TedSchmosby likes this.
  22. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

If this ends up being the case, I’ll probably get the stream. The “best of” title makes it sound like there might be songs from the first two streams in there (which I didn’t even consider at first), but if there are no duplicates then I’m on board.

23. Finally got an hour. Gonna watch the Direction stream. B-)

Brent, Matt504, Kyle Max and 4 others like this.
  24. I’ve been operating under the assumption that it’d essentially just be a normal set, like if they were to play a livestream without having played the full album sets already

Kyle Max and TSLROCKS like this.
  25. Tonight!!

kelseyleigh and TSLROCKS like this.