Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Starting Line Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Which Person L songs?

2. BringsTheAwesome

The two that immediately come to mind are Storms and I Sing the Body Electric.

By the way, I'm four songs into the album Gone and I'm absolutely crazy about Good as New and Trip. I'll be finishing the rest of the album during my morning commute to work. Great stuff so far!

trevorshmevor and irthesteve like this.
  3. I struggle maybe harder than anything else in music to wrap my mind around a person not liking Gone. Just has so many great things to offer

4. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I listened to Say It Like You Mean It a few days ago, and the songs are so catchy that I've dreamt about them the past two nights

5. TedSchmosby

Trusted

This band makes me feel like a kid the way I have a new favourite song by them nearly every month, but they're just so damn good. Really feeling Artistic License right now

Chcurry182 and trevorshmevor like this.
  6. Artistic License might be my favorite TSL song too. That outro gets me going every time

TedSchmosby likes this.
  7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

He's so earnestly bitter on that song and that album and it's great. Both SILYMI and BOATS have such strong identities. I haven't even gotten to Direction in the two years I've been listening to them, but that's only because those first two albums still haven't gotten old and I'm still falling in love with the songs

parkerxcore likes this.
  8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

After watching that documentary they put out, it's hard not to feel bad for them. Seemed like label support issues plagued them their whole career and they could never just do what they wanted. I was pretty bummed to learn that they even went as far as forcing them to use a session drummer for a couple of songs on Direction.

9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

ouch, is there a place to watch this documentary?

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

they just need to do a full record with Yip, it would do really well, and they would have full control to do whatever they wanted. Love or hate him Yip makes bands happy! I loved this band so much when they existed I probably saw them 10-12 times or something like that, a reunion would make me so happy

parkerxcore likes this.
  11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I would love to hear a new tsl album that doesn't sound like anyway

jordalsh likes this.
  12. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

They talk about it quite a bit here, but I mean it's been a prevalent thing they've been outspoken about ever since the Based on a True Story days ("Inspired by the $" pretty much sums it up).

13. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

BOATS is my favorite album of all time. When they were doing the SILYMI tour I tried so hard to fly home for college to catch it at Chain Reaction, but I wasn't able to make it happen. My favorite tour to this day was the Nintendo Fusion Tour with Fall Out Boy, Motion City Soundtrack, The Starting Line, P!ATD, and Boys Night Out.

Long live The Starting Line! I would do almost anything for a full length.

TSLROCKS likes this.
  14. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I finally watched this after years of putting it off. I'm sad but grateful that I have all the music I do from them.

15. I don't think I've ever searched for something as frantically as I did for that DVD when it came out. Hahah. The concert portion is great too.

16. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I can't believe the way Kenny talks about the whole thing so positively too. Dude is super humble

17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

He's one of the coolest musicians I've ever met. He was so content to just sit and talk music with me indefinitely at the last Vacationer show I went to. Eventually, I felt like I was hogging his time so I just said "Hey man, thanks for chatting with me. I'm going to go watch the opening band" haha. The guy just really loves music and being a musician.

18. Direction is already 10 years old ? One of my favorite albums of all time. And an anomaly because I can't get into their previous stuff. 2016 EP was solid

bobby_runs likes this.
  19. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Yup I've talked to him as well and he is a great guy.

20. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Yea Kenny is the man. I love that man. I had a great conversation with him a while back while he was touring on Person L

Always super appreciative and humble. He even remembered me from meeting him a few years earlier

21. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I still remember hearing "Photography" and "Ready" live before the album came out when they were opening for Dashboard and being absolutely stunned. They're still two of my favorite songs by them.

Also, watched Dashboard with Kenny next to me. He's a good guy, and belted all the songs with us.

t_papaccio likes this.
  22. TedSchmosby

Trusted

That makes it all the more poignant that we go from hearing Given the Chance on SILYMI to Inspired by the $ on BOATS

23. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I think all things considered, Photography is my favourite too

truelovewaits likes this.
  24. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Surprise, Surprise for me but I love that entire album. Holds a very special place in my heart

25. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Photography is a beautiful song. So many underrated gems on that record.

truelovewaits likes this.