Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Starting Line Band • Page 34

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

The drive thru invasion tour was so badass. My first time seeing all those bands. I was a college freshman.

2. I remember they toured with Yellowcard in like 2004 or 2005 and I regret not going to that too. I think I only didn’t go because of some dumb high school drama or something. Regardless of the reason, I specifically remember going to Best Buy that night because New Found Glory released their live DVD that same day, haha — had an at-home concert by myself instead

3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Seen them five times, the most of any band I’ve seen (tied with thursday)

4. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Oh god, I think i’ve seen them close to 10-15 times

5. zachmacD Jul 19, 2020
    (Last edited: Jul 19, 2020)
    zachmacD

Trusted

First time I saw them was at a holiday show at the electric factory during the BOATS era. Say anything played acoustic and it was the Almost’s second show. I think that was December of 2006

Warped tour 2007 or 2008.
    bamboozle 2008
    SILYMI Anniversary show 2012
    taste of chaos 2016
    Then at Warped Tour in AC this passed year.

great live band and as someone else mentioned, Kenny seems like a good dude. Very down to earth

6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I’m pretty sure I only saw them two times, unfortunately. Once at my local club after SILYMI and once at Warped Tour shortly after Direction.

That first time I saw them, I was 15 and had never really been in a “pit” before. When the lights went down, everyone rushed forward and I was being pushed towards the stage (my feet were literally sliding on the ground). It ended up being a blast in there though - much more of a bounce around show and not so much moshing.

Also, I thought I was cool because some girl kept smiling at me at that show. I ended up next to her in the crowd, and we talked between songs a couple times.....then she got taken out by an errant crowd surfer and left the show in an ambulance. No joke.

sonder, Crisp X and zachmacD like this.
  7. manoverboard365

Trusted

I think I'm forgetting a couple of times, but here's what I remember:

Yellowcard tour 2004
    Bamboozle 2005
    Warped Tour 2005
    Directions tour 2007
    Bamboozle 2008
    SILYMI Anniversary Tour 2012

8. That’s right, knew I forgot one! That 2008 tour leading up to Bamboozle was an unreal lineup, can’t believe that’s the one I forgot haha. Steel Train, Bayside, and Four Year Strong opening was a dream back then

9. Alright, always been a Direction fan but I figure it's time to finally give the rest of their albums a second chance. I just remember them being more traditional pop-punk-y but I'm excited to revisit them.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  10. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Guess it depends on your tastes but I always found Say It Like You Mean It and BOATS to be far superior to Direction.

JamesMichael likes this.
  11. GBlades

Trusted

The Starting Line was one of those bands that just grew musically when I grew musically which is why i'll always cherish those albums. I still spin them from time to time and look back on how great they were.

CAC3 likes this.
  12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Saw them twice in the time between BOATS and Direction, then saw them twice in the current era. They put on such a great damn show in Philly back in December.

CAC3 likes this.
  13. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

I also saw them for the ten anniversary tour for SILYMI ten year tour in Detroit. The crowd was absolutely bonkers.....and mostly old dudes like me lol.

14. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

2005 Warped
    2005 Nintendo Fusion Tour
    2012 SILYMI 10 year
    2016 Taste of Chaos festival
    2019 20 year tour

Still not enough.

15. cherrywaves

Trusted

Farewell tour in 2008
    Twenty year tour in 2019

16. manoverboard365

Trusted

I've had tickets for the last 3 times they were in the area (Irving Plaza in 2017, Warped 25 in AC and Webster Hall in December) and for different reasons I had to sell my ticket each time. Just realizing that weird pattern. Really regretting not trying harder to make any of those work. Can't believe it's been 8 years since I saw them last!

trevorshmevor likes this.
  17. bobby_runs

D0997BB8-A160-4ADE-B21D-311E726446ED.jpeg

18. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

BOATS miiiiight be my favorite pop-punk record ever

TSLROCKS and irthesteve like this.
  19. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

That’s high praise. Have you heard SILYMI?

20. bobby_runs

Best:
    Direction
    BOATS
    SILYMI

Favorites:
    SILYMI
    Direction
    BOATS

EPs:
    Anyways
    Acoustic
    With Hopes of Starting Over

CAC3 likes this.
  21. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

How is your favorite album not what you consider their best album lol?

22. bobby_runs

I can see it glaring faults. It's also not something I would show someone off the street to get them into the band. I think you need a pop-punk base in order to appreciate SILYMI

23. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

I had never heard “Up and Go” until a few months ago. What a banger...

CAC3, zachmacD and Leftandleaving like this.
  24. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Is that not a fairly obvious answer?

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Totally disagree. I think songs like up and go and best of me definitely stand up outside the genre

Pepetito likes this.