Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Starting Line Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I remember not liking that one, but I don't remember how it goes either. I've got to revisit those records too

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The B-List and Artistic License are my most favorite tracks on that album and there are A LOT of awesome tracks on there.

Direction is my favorite TSL album though. Absolutely adore that album.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  3. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Damn haha well maybe my taste just sucks. That's probably more likely to be honest.

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I really enjoy their newest EP a lot too. Glad we finally got Luck recorded. I wish they would just record another album and incorporate those three news song into the mix.

teebs41 likes this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Hoping for a new song or two when they play that Warped Rewind thingymabob

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Vacationer is due for a new album as well

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think they did something with will yip

8. irthesteve

That seems... Surprising if so, I thought their stuff was self produced

9. Michael Schmidt

That would make sense they have a record due. Vacationer definitely seems like the main project for him at this point.

10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Idk he posted a picture of kenny and said #vacationer on it

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Should I listen to vacationer?

trevorshmevor likes this.
  12. Michael Schmidt

I honestly haven't listened to them much myself. It's definitely more chill and moodier music though. What I heard wasn't bad, but I just haven't sat down and dived into that catalog. I'm guessing there are a good amount of TSL and Person L fans that are into Vacationer. If you were a TSL fan and got into more indie rock music as you got older, I would think that there is something to like here.

teebs41 likes this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

yup. its chill/fun music. definitely fits in with music trends of today.

teebs41 likes this.
  14. TedSchmosby

Trusted

i want to be kenny when i grow up

15. irthesteve

Yes, super enjoyable summer music

16. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

I like Gone more than Relief, but I definitely enjoy both.

17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Enjoyed both too, but the second record has all my favorite tracks from them. "Shining" is one of my favorite songs he's ever done.

I really like the whole project. Completely new styles for him but enough of the songwriting carried over from The Starting Line to keep it familiar.

18. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

Ken did stuff on new Circa with Will Yip

19. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

For those who've never listened to Vacationer, it may be hard to connect if you're just coming from a Starting Line rock sound because Vacationer is super chill

Some Vacationer songs might be closer to a few Person L songs. Thinking of 'I Sing The Body Electric'

But his musical evolution is the best. Ken's really a true musician. I think if you were to chronologically go through his discography in order, Vacationer at the end makes total sense.

Person L's my favorite project though

20. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

The guy really is just a fan of music. I love how he has a whole podcast where he just plays (mostly) obscure vinyl records.

21. pauldunions

Regular Supporter

Wax On is awesome! He's very insightful

22. TedSchmosby

Trusted

It's so nice that a song like Given the Chance existed among a scene of songs about hating your ex-girlfriend or lamenting fame

23. BringsTheAwesome

I've never listened to Vacationer. I loved Starting Line and Person L had three or four songs I was crazy about, but I was never a HUGE fan. Anyone recommend an album to listen to? I love Kenny's voice and style. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

24. irthesteve

there's only two albums and they're both pretty solid honestly. Just start with "Gone."

teebs41 likes this.
  25. BringsTheAwesome

Yeah, I saw the two, but didn't know if one was supremely better than the other. I'll definitely check out Gone. Appreciate it!

irthesteve likes this.