Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Starting Line Band • Page 28

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah - I just finished listening to the EP for the first time in a very long time and I absolutely need this. Plus, it’s being remastered for vinyl which is very nice.

CAC3 and trevorshmevor like this.
  2. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

I remember listening to “Storms” on repeat when that came out, probably on PureVolume? So good.

3. GBlades

Trusted

Wow, PureVolume. There's a throwback! So many songs were found on there!

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. That record just went up for sale! Doesn’t appear to be a pre-order or anything so hopefully that means it’s ready to go now

5. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I love that Person L record. Help Yourself has such There There by Radiohead vibes.

I’m pretty sure that was Ken’s favorite track at one point too

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  6. My copy of Initial came in today. This thing is bonkers looking, I love it. Props for ETR for the super speedy delivery too, announcement to mailbox was only a week

A8DC58E5-2490-4FFD-8E7D-1666CCD881F9.jpeg 036C628D-02D2-4184-9319-D29D0AF35AAA.jpeg

sonder and bradsonemanband like this.
  7. Wow!

sonder and trevorshmevor like this.
  8. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Anyone know why the side B sticker would be shipped outside of the sealed LP? Just got my copy today.

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Were you one of the lucky random winners for this or did you buy the entire variant collection?

Either way - I am JEALOUSSSSSSS. This thing is gorgeous.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  10. Oh I guess I am! Haha I think I misunderstood the random winner thing and didn’t realize that I actually got one of the rare ones. Definitely did not spring for the whole collection

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah dude! You won!

That’s super sweet. I’m not really stoked on the color variant I randomly got but the vinyl sure does sound nice so I’m just glad it got pressed.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  12. Dog Fish

Mutt

This is a new one for me. Hadn't heard it until now.

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

Classic Jazz has always been one of my all time TSL favs.

I love BOATS but all the unreleased demos from that era hold a special place in my heart.

Pepetito and mattylikesfilms like this.
  14. bobbyblakem

Agreed, Nights and Weekends is one of my favorite TSL songs

Pepetito, CAC3 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  15. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Classic Jazz is such a fucking jam. Really wish there was a good studio recording of it. Or that they put it back in their live set again.

Pepetito and mattylikesfilms like this.
  16. Dog Fish

Mutt

How many other b-sides from those sessions are there?

17. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

Ken's and his girlfriend's podcast, Wax On, is really great. I've discovered so many amazing bands from them lately. Most recently, Reptar and Blood Orange.

18. lostawholeyear

Regular Prestigious

When the starting line were so punk that they were threatened by some lady to have the cops shut down their show:

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

This would be a great year for this band to finally put out a new album.

CAC3 and Chcurry182 like this.
  20. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

i dont think they have any interest inthat

bobby_runs likes this.
  21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Such a shame

CAC3 likes this.
  22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Kenny said that a new EP or a song or two isn't out of the question though

bobby_runs and j0nnymarrzbar like this.
  23. Jacob Tender Mar 3, 2020
    (Last edited: Mar 3, 2020)
    I've been kicking around an idea for a super niche blog for a few years now; a place to catalog my music collection and the bits of history and trivia I like to collect along with it.

Anyway... this is the first time I've shared a link to it. So check it out and, if you have a second, let me know what posts are interesting and which are not.

The Starting Line - 'The Make Yourself At Home' Acoustic EP/DVD@discographyfm on Twitter

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

@Jacob Tender I like it! I haven't read the inside my my old CD cases in a while, and I may have sold this one anyway, so it's cool to read that little note again. Gonna revisit this EP soon now, good stuff

Jacob Tender likes this.
  25. I started digitizing my CDs a year or so ago and while I let'r rip, I really enjoyed reading through the sleeves. So I started scanning them too. That led to cleaning the scans in photoshop, then backing up the enhanced CD content as well. Figured someone else would find this kind of interesting, so why not publish it?

Thanks for checking out the site!

tomdelonge, bobby_runs and irthesteve like this.