Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Starting Line Band • Page 26

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

YES THE HOTELIER FOR BOSTON

beachdude, Brent, sonder and 2 others like this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Oso Oso is supporting them in Philly and I am now screaming with joy inside

3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Really unreal openers at every show tbh

sonder and Joe4th like this.
  4. I like Teenage Wrist but would literally pick any of the other ones over them. I'll be at the LA show though!

bobby_runs and trevorshmevor like this.
  5. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Wow what amazing openers.

6. EarthShifts

Trusted

Oh man. I’m so bummed I have to miss the Boston show.

7. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

“I'm gonna tear your ass up like we just got married and you're all mine now“

parkerxcore likes this.
  8. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Perfect 6:00 a.m. song I needed this.

justin. likes this.
  9. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Totally forgot the Boston show is this Saturday. No idea what to expect.

10. parkerxcore

Keep us in the loop!

Brent likes this.
  11. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Can't wait! Plus the Hotelier opening... what a night it'll be.

Brent likes this.
  12. CoachBalke

Regular

I'll be there as well! Also with no idea what to expect. Going into Royale at 7pm on a Saturday will be....different.

Brent likes this.
  13. EarthShifts

Trusted

Still bummed I can’t go to this on Saturday. Have fun!

Brent likes this.
  14. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Bought tickets for the Cleveland show yesterday. I’m so excited to see them again.

Anthony_ likes this.
  15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I was thinking yesterday about how much I would love to see these guys again, a West Coast date would be so much fun

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  16. parkerxcore

There's an LA date.

17. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Sorry, I forgot to add the part that I'm in San Diego for the LA date and in LA for the San Diego date

18. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Haven’t been to this venue yet. Looks interesting.

Also, I guess I should give the hotelier a listen to... heard of them, but never listened to them.

EarthShifts likes this.
  19. EarthShifts

Trusted

The Hotelier are great although I haven’t seen them live.

I like Royale but I know some people hate it. Really depends on where you end up. I actually got to play there in 2011 so I also might be a little bias because I remember that night fondly.

Either way, I like it more than the Paradise.

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Listen to the hotelier. Your life will be better for it

sonder likes this.
  21. CoachBalke

Regular

I was just at Royale for Bad Books on Tuesday. For this type of show where it's probably not too crowded, I like the space. It's a little outdated and they are hurting as a nightclub with many new ones opening (the venue's long standing primary focus). They seem to be plugging in more shows of this 'genre'. I'm sure it will be a fun night! And I will say the drink prices for Bad Books was about 2/3 of the regular prices when I have gone to see DJs. Starting Line show has the venue from 7-10, and then everyone is booted out for the 10pm nightclub/house DJ show.

Brent and teebs41 like this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Saw bad books last night, they were amazing

23. EarthShifts

Trusted

I am so out of the loop with shows. I thought Bad Books was at The Sinclair. Did it get moved? Both are run by Bowery so I wouldn’t be surprised.

The show I played at Royale was actually opening for Kevin, but that was in 2011.

How was the show?

24. CoachBalke

Regular

You're spot on that they moved the show. I was rolling my eyes when I saw the announcement but it worked out. Not sure if they plugged in another show at the Sinclair, but I would guess if not, that they overestimated ticket sales a bit moving to Royale.

Show was amazing though with those two singing together...

25. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Went to the show last night in LA. It was a great set from them. It was easily the best I’ve seen (last three times they came out West and back in 05).

The “and stories” part is very cool. Yeah we might miss out on a song or two but it’s some good stuff. During one of these breaks the guy I was standing next to threw a paper plane to the stage. Low and behold it landed between Matt’s left hand and the neck of the guitar. He essentially caught it. They said it was a picture of the guy with Kenny and a song request for “Photography” which they unfortunately did not play.

I personally felt that other than “The Best of Me” the crowd went nuts for the songs off Direction over the other albums. Which is awesome to see as a long time fan.

I won’t go too in depth over what they talked about since the tour is essentially just starting but if you’re thinking about going I would. Definitely worth it if you’re a fan.

trevorshmevor and sonder like this.