Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Starting Line Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Autography and Artistic License are both great. I've been listening to the album a lot this month.

trevorshmevor and bobby_runs like this.
  2. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Geffen really dropped the ball with promoting that album. It deserved to be huge

3. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

If handled properly this band could have taken off with Fall Out Boy. But I'm also not sure they would have done things the same way

4. I'll be happy if they just continue putting out random EPs here and there.

bobby_runs likes this.
  5. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

And doing strings of dates.

6. And releasing full lengths. And touring full time.

truelovewaits and KimmyGibbler like this.
  7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I desperately want more new music from these guys.

8. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Surprise, Surprise gets stuck in my head at least once a week, and I haven't listened to it in months

bobby_runs likes this.
  9. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Man, these guys write catchy songs. Bedroom Talk played a large part in my dreams last night and I haven't listened to it in a while. My subconscious really seems to like this band

t_papaccio likes this.
  10. Couldn't hate the lyrics to Bedroom Talk more.

I want new stuff from TSL!

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  11. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Listening to Based On A True Story for the first time in a long time. Never gets old. Whole album is fantastic.

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I wish we got a full length in the vein of the EP

13. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I wish we got a full length

trevorshmevor and popdisaster00 like this.
  14. WasEmoRocknowImjustold Mar 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Mar 21, 2017)
    WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

Bedroom Talk turned a lot of people off. Myself included at the time. Today, I wouldn't care but being a bit more sheltered back then and not wanting to hear that in my music. I know a lot of people that felt that way. So they pushed the wrong song. A lot of us emo kids were running away from the vulgarity in rap at the time. The album as a whole is really good and had a certain crunch to it.

I always thought Direction (haha thanks for the correction) is one of the most underrated albums from the entire time period.

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Always thought Bedroom Talk was the worst song on BOATS. Direction is my favorite though. LOVE that album.

16. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Bedroom Talk is great. The B-List and The World are my least favourites as far as I can remember

17. cherrywaves

Trusted

The Tim O'Heir mix of "The World" on their Purevolume (lol) back in the day could have been a hit.

bobby_runs likes this.
  18. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I can't believe the world wasn't the single from boats

19. Tom

It's way too late, or much too early Prestigious

Bedroom Talk is probably my least favorite Starting Line song in general.

20. Kuri44

Based On A True Story was pretty underwhelming for me when it came out. I was 13 and was expecting something more like SILYMI.. I didn't really get into it until about 4 years after its release. I'd say Surprise, Surprise and The World were my favorites from it.

21. Chcurry182

Trusted Supporter

I legitimately love every song in their discography. I also agree with the others that Direction has aged very well. I get really into that album every fall and spring as the weather begins to change.

22. I think Bedroom Talk is a bad song. BOATS is a good album though

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  23. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Can we just think about how Kenny was like 16 when he wrote Say It Like You Mean It? That's incredible

Kuri44 likes this.
  24. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Somebody's Gonna Miss Us is one of my favourite live albums. No frills - just great straightforward performances of great straightforward songs

25. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Haven't listened to BOATS in a bit, but last time I did was on a road trip a year or so ago and I remember The B-List sticking out a lot. I should revisit that album along with Direction.