Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Staircase (2004, Coming to Netflix) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Dinosaurs Dish, Apr 18, 2018.

1. StevenW92

Regular

Having gone a bit deep in to the reddit thread I’m pretty much convinced of his guilt. The documentary was largely an advert for his innocence and left many crucial facts about the case out.

I also feel that the prosecution was floored as well. The post mortem on the exhumated body shouldn’t have been carried out by someone who already had a bias again Michael. Deaver should definitely be in prison.

Whilst completely unconvincing, I’m just glad there is an Owl theory.

BirdPerson likes this.
  2. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Best thing I've heard about the owl theory is that she could have gotten those feathers on her from a down pillow.

Documentary did leave out a lot. Insurance policy, kids in debt, bit of a cheating deadbeat (not an openish relationship dalliance)

supernovagirl likes this.
  3. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

And yes, Duane Deaver should be in prison. Dude stole years of at least one man's life and casts doubt on every other case he worked on

4. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Yeah I think rudolf said that the originally chalked it up to being a pillow or blanket thing and didn’t think it was from an actual bird.
    But like no ones gonna answer for why she was holding down feathers...? Like that’s definitely strange.

BirdPerson likes this.
  5. Oh damn!! No wonder everyone is talking about it. I watched it years ago and loved it but it was a huge pain so I was being kinda snobby about having seen it already. Now that I know there’s new episodes im stoked!!!

6. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Just heard a rumor that Michael had been having an ongoing secret relationship with one of the editors of the documentary for years and years.....

7. supernovagirl

Lmao WHAT

8. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

9. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Finished this last night. We think he shouldn’t have been guilty. Excellent filmmaking and very emotional.

10. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I still think he did it, but also that Duane Deaver should be in prison

StevenW92 and supernovagirl like this.
  11. supernovagirl

Shouldn’t have been found guilty, or didn’t do it? Those are two different things in this case lol

BirdPerson likes this.
  12. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I was going to answer, but I’m actually not sure now

supernovagirl likes this.
  13. supernovagirl

Yeah like personally I think he did it but I’m not sure legally they proved that

14. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Durham County DA's office has been (or was) shitty for about 20 years. Also, the poker was never the murder weapon. The stairs were.

Edit: at least 20 years. Anything Mike Nifong touched for sure

15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

This time he did kill his wife

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

OMG I never watched the new episodes!!! ahhhhh