Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The St. Louis Thread Location • Page 8

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by DarkHotline, Apr 4, 2016.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

You’re right, my b. Also, Future Islands was on that too? Damn I missed out

2. DarkHotline

The Factory lifted all the Covid restrictions because of course, it’s in Chesterfield. Not that it mattered anyway, they in no way enforced masks once you were inside and everyone took theirs off anyway once they got in.

DaydreamNation likes this.
  3. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Yeah they were before the 1975, I knew there was another fun band before those two but I couldn’t recall.

4. DarkHotline

It is a very nice venue though. Saw NFG and Less Than Jake there in the fall and the sound was stupid good, that was the best I ever heard NFG and I’ve seen them at four other venues here.

5. DarkHotline

Crazy seeing Glass Animals and AJR so far down that list

6. I love to rag on Chesterfield as much as the next person but I have to say I've been pretty stunned at how quickly a lot of the businesses mask requirements have gone away in the city the last few days too. Still seeing plenty of voluntary mask wearing for now but it's jarring

7. Also good to hear that the sound at that venue is good. There been a few shows I was mildly interested in there but it looks like such a corporate and soulless entity from highway 40. At least the sounds good haha

8. DarkHotline

They seem to get a lot of red state radio rock and country acts but I definitely wouldn’t mind going to shows there. Still sucks the Brockhampton show got canceled, I was just gonna buy a ticket when the news came out.

9. Jim

Trusted Supporter

Here in Chicago it was like a snap of the finger and the pandemic is over. We went from vax check to do basically anything, masks every where, to nothing what so ever.

10. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

We’re playing with a super cool Exploding In Sound band called Mister Goblin at the Music Record Shop (nothing else available) on 3/20, would be thrilled to meet anyone from this thread…beers or NAs on me!

11. That shop is cool fwiw and they do have a little corner stage setup in there with some space and a bar. Plus it’s literally two min from my house so I should be able to show up since it’s a weekend

Cody likes this.
  12. DarkHotline

Friendly reminder that Laura Jane Grace lives here now

13. Wait whaaaaa since when??

14. DarkHotline

Since a few months ago iirc, like at the end of last year

15. Wow awesome. Ngl don't think I'd be able to resist the urge to ask for a photo if I saw her out and about lol

16. DarkHotline

I’ve already accepted that I would be a total AM! fanboy if I ever ran into her

kpatrickwood and DaydreamNation like this.
  17. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

Laura used to live in my neighborhood in Chicago and one time I was at our local Jewel (the grocery store mentioned in her I Hate Chicago song) and whilst walking around I thought I saw her... then I def saw Adam and James, and by the time I got to check out I realized all of Against Me was there and I was too nervous and dorky to say anything. Then Laura got behind me in my check out line. Having to say something, I turned to my gf and said loudly enough for all to hear "don't look now but one of my favorite songwriters ever is right behind us." Laura kinda giggled awkwardly and introduced herself and was as sweet as could be. She even mentioned the rest of the band being there and that I could say hi, but I didn't want to be annoying so I left it at that and we dipped. Anyways, if you run into her- she's nice as fuck.

Also St Louis related: My cousin owns the building next to Off Broadway and turned it into an Airbnb/practice space. So if you or someone you know ever wants to hit up an OB show and then stumble across the patio next door to party or play on the shitty in house drum kit for the rest of the night, it's an excellent option.

18. DarkHotline

Ah I see, well then still fucking cool she wants to hang out here

19. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Does St. Louis have any notable vegetarian restaurants or non-chain fast-casual spots? Also what's the opinion on best coffee in the city?

20. Check out Tree House on S Grand for a veggie spot. If that menu isn’t your speed hmu again tho I’m vegetarian

As to the second, you’re gonna hear a lot from locals about Kaldi’s. In my opinion as a transplant it’s ass tho lol. Check out Blueprint or Park Ave Coffee

Cody likes this.
  21. DarkHotline

Man, Interpol and The National both announce shows within a week from each other. Me and the GF are stoked

22. Yea my wife and I are super stoked too, although I like Spoon a bit more tbh

23. DarkHotline

Very interested in seeing Spoon, I haven’t seen them yet

24. DarkHotline

Got the tickets for The National! Expensive though, I paid $120 for two in the center section behind the mix station/booth and it got much more expensive the closer it got to the stage like yeesh. Center section in front pretty much got sold out in the presale.

25. DarkHotline

Also, @DaydreamNation, I heard Connor in Bright Eyes was HAMMERED during the show last night, is that true?