Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The St. Louis Thread Location • Page 5

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by DarkHotline, Apr 4, 2016.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Imos! Nah, I’m kidding. For real though, check out the Zoo, one of the best zoos in the world and it’s free, and the art museum since they’re both in Forrest Park and a short walk away from each other. I’d recommend City Museum too, it’s s literally giant playground and it’s awesome, you can drink there too.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  2. Will also be in St Louis this weekend and am going to try really hard not to cave to temptation and buy a ticket to Cards-Cubs since I'm spending thousands of dollars on a lease this weekend already......but it's gonna be super hard to say no haha

sophos34 likes this.
  3. This resolve predictably didn't last, just bought a ticket near the left field foul pole lol

chewbacca110 likes this.
  4. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

lookin like ill be back in STL august 2nd - 8th most likely if i can take off work

5. Nice! I'm probably moving around the 3rd-5th or so, we should hang

sophos34 likes this.
  6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

ima be downtown a lot because deafheaven is the 3rd, alkaline trio is the 6th (my bday) and manchester orchestra is the 7th, so ill def be around to chill

DaydreamNation likes this.
  7. DarkHotline

Damn, we ought to hang at the Trio show then. Might go to Deafheaven too if the work schedule permits it.

sophos34 likes this.
  8. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Currently on an amtrak back to Chicago from St Louis. Our car doesn’t have a/c to stave off the 95 degree weather. Hating life after a joyous weekend of 7 breweries, Cubs/Cards game, and a Doug Loves Movies taping.

9. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

lol my car's AC is busted too so im flying home again, i really miss making that drive from philly to st louis, havent done it since christmas, but no fucking way am i doing that in the summer with no AC

10. just drove to stl and back from 90 min east of chicago in a car with no AC. you are making the wise choice lol.

sophos34 likes this.
  11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i can barely drive the 15 minutes to drop my girlfriend off at work here in philadelphia lol

13. DarkHotline

14. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

what's the house show scene like in STL? either that or where could two small bands from minneapolis get a show if we were to have local support ?

15. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i never went to a house show but im sure they exist in STL. for venues your best bet would probably be fubar? not sure what other super small venues there are now that the demo isnt a thing

Cody likes this.
  16. DarkHotline

Try the Sinkhole

Cody likes this.
  17. Cody

Hi so all sorted out, we’re playing at Foam! Daytime Television from STL is also on the bill, one more band still to come. Not till November 1st but i love to meet any chorus people whenever I can and this is near the end of our tour so I think it’s gonna be a fun one.

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i completely forgot foam exists. if i still lived there id be there for sure but unfortunately my visit home this fall is gonna be in october

DarkHotline likes this.
  19. DarkHotline

I’ll try to make it out if I can.

20. Will try to make it out!

21. Cody

DarkHotline and DaydreamNation like this.
  22. Cody

Out of orbit are like wild mathcore-y stuff
    Daytime TV pretty 80s gothy post punk
    Splimit wacky garage punk, primus-adjacent
    Cave Light D Plan meets Allman Brothers

23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

five days til the boy is back in town

DaydreamNation and DarkHotline like this.
  24. DarkHotline

How long you in for?

25. Anyone going to Car Seat Headrest tomorrow (Thursday) night? What about Foxing on Friday? Thinking about hitting one of the two, don't have time/$ for both sadly though.