Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Spooky Scary Halloween Thread • Page 27

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Oct 2, 2016.

1. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

I live on the end of a dead end street, the street is probably .4-.5 mile, so a good distance walking. I deck out my house big time; smoke machine, creepy music, orange flood light on the house, etc. I sit outside with beer handing out candy, and parents come up to compliment the house and I share beer. Neighbors across the street then have a bon fire and the kids all play. I love it.

2. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Again, I don't Trick r Treat, I simply just dress up to give out candy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one was fun, because I custom made the bat myself.

[​IMG]

I even get new bowls

[​IMG]

Freddy lunges towards you when you reach your hand in

[​IMG]

And the house. You can't see minor details like the spider webs on the hand rail and mailbox, or the amount of tomb stones, etc.

[​IMG]

Close up

[​IMG]

disambigujason, mercury, Joe and 3 others like this.
  3. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

The scarecrow I made as well. Found the trench coat at good will, the head is one of the fake pumpkins from Michaels that I carved, the twig hands are from woods nearby. All attached a 2x4's.

ChaseTx likes this.
  4. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

Our house is on a fairly busy street so I just assume we don't get any trick or treaters. But last year we went to our friends neighborhood who have kids the same age as ours and it wasn't too bad. One house gave us warm apple cider which was nice.

5. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

I'm hoping we get Trick or Treaters, we're in an apartment but in a neighborhood so it's set up fine to get some. Last year at our old place we just got stoned and walked through the neighborhoods and had a blast looking at all the costumes and decorations. There's some pretty fat spooky houses near us now, so doing that should be pretty fun this year.

6. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I was just talking with my friends about how much less people go all out these days. But I think it will swing back around once people from my age bracket are more of homeowners and stuff cause I feel like my generation is super into Halloween? We will see.

7. supernovagirl

Oh also I specifically mentioned the rise of trunk or treats as being partly responsible!!

ChaseTx likes this.
  8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

9. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

8DC4BAA2-3350-4469-895E-7698EBBE74E9.jpeg

I was touched

Mr. Serotonin, jkauf and ChaseTx like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

11. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Halloween episodes of shows always get me in the mood even moreso than scary movies. You guys have any good recs? Just watched The Stevil episode of Family Matters which is great and a couple good Home Improvement ones. The Winslow's Halloween decorations are always on point.

Aaron Mook and trevorshmevor like this.
  13. Matt

I always like to rewatch the Community Halloween episodes

14. Matt

Remember coming home from trick or treating to watch this on tv?

15. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I’m watching all the Bob’s Burgers Halloween eps preparing for my trip to Salem this weekend!!

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  16. Matt

3EC7A037-522B-4D7C-92E7-B06A63081686.jpeg

I was in Salem over the weekend for some ciderssssss

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Boy Meets World, Treehouse of Horror and Brooklyn Nine Nine are always good Halloween eps

supernovagirl likes this.
  18. supernovagirl

parks and rec have a couple of great ones that come to mind.

also like ~old school~ lizzie mcguire and thats so raven definitely
    and of course the boy meets world halloween episode blows every other ep out of the water

Matt and trevorshmevor like this.
  19. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

these looks so pretty :') where was this at? maybe we'll stop in while we're there!

20. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Salem as cool as I've made it out to be in my head? Always wanted to visit there in October.

21. BlueEyesBrewing

Trusted Supporter

It's insanely crowded but the town really goes all-in for the season and there are quite a few things to do and lots of people dressed in cool costumes.

22. Matt

Far From The Tree Cider! It's a great spot just outside of downtown Salem (like a 3 or 4 minute drive). They have a lot of great ciders on tap, food truck outside with an outdoor patio, lots of people bring dogs, it's a good time.

23. Matt

It has more of a city vibe than the Salem from Hocus Pocus, but it's still a really cool place to visit, especially if you love history. Admittedly I haven't really done much of the touristy stuff there since I live in MA and can visit whenever I want, but there are a lot of museums, cemeteries, old houses, etc to check out. A lot of great bars/restaurants too.

And obviously if you go in October everything is amped up. Lots of people dressed as witches walking around, I even saw a Frankenstein('s monster).

24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Tis the season

25. Big fan of the Comedy Bang Bang Halloween eps (both the podcast and TV series), Goosebumps, and above all else, the King of the Hill Halloween episode.

riotspray likes this.