Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Sound of Animals Fighting Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Horrorca, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Horrorca

Trusted

Lover, the Lord Has Left Us is one of my favorite albums, any genre

nothing, literally nothing, sounds like it

it's emo and post hxc but it's also noise and avant-pop and so many things

2. Horrorca

Trusted

srry, didn't finish

I love how deep it goes conceptually, I love how pretentious it is - it's weird trip with language (there's parts in German but also in Sanskrit (I think)), it's refernces to Stockhausen, poetry, the weird recording proces (a la Volta), everything

and that's only one album

coleslawed likes this.
  3. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I love all the members' individual projects, but still need to listen to more than a few individual songs by these guys... will check their albums sometime this weekend.

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Lover is such a great album, I love the others as well, always down for more music from them someday

5. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Tiger and the Duke was my jam. Because of them, I got into Rx Bandits, Saosin/Circa/Anything Anthony.

lightning13 likes this.
  6. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

Blast from the past, haven't listened to these guys in a while. One of the best "super groups" IMO involving two of my favorite bands.

7. Napoleon Solo

Newbie Prestigious

This band is awesome. All three of their albums are great and I would love to hear some new music from them one day. They also put on a great live shoe. I haven't listened to them in a while. Time to change that.

8. Evolution Kid

I may be going broke, but I'm never broken down. Prestigious

Never been able to catch them live unfortunately. Hopefully that can change one day haha.

9. irthesteve

I caught their last tour and it was super fun

10. Napoleon Solo

Newbie Prestigious

I unfortunately missed their first few shows, but luckily I was able to see them when they did the small tour a couple years ago.

Evolution Kid likes this.
  11. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

This Heat is one of my all time favorite songs. it actually took me a few years to realize it was the dude from days away and not anthony green though lol.

tiger and the duke is, instrumentally, one of my favorite albums ever.

12. Horrorca

Trusted

showing some love for their last

sickest jam

13. Horrorca

Trusted

and This Heat is immense - the mood swing half way through the song is unmatched

14. bedwettingcosmo

feel the music change your mind

kelseyduffy likes this.
  15. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Hands down one of the best live performance releases I've ever seen. Just getting into this "supergroup", and their music is such a cool eclectic mix.

16. irthesteve

I love that live DVD and am really, really lucky I got to see them a few years ago

beachdude42 likes this.
  17. Napoleon Solo

Newbie Prestigious

I love when this thread gets bumped and reminds me to listen to these guys. Lover is a top 5 all time album.

18. amorningofsleep

Goddamnit. I saw that this thread was commented on and almost shit my pants.

truelovewaits likes this.
  19. bedwettingcosmo

was an interesting bump

20. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Funny that it happened that way and not the other way around

21. amorningofsleep

That was back in high school before I started getting more into music and drowning myself in Alternative Press.

22. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I think it's cool to think about doing it that way!

amorningofsleep likes this.
  23. Bryan Diem

Trusted

looked up this group just to say this:

my horse must lose is the greatest song of all time. I smile at 1:22 every.damn.time. the "songs" are all gems on that record whereas the interludes and the outro are mostly unlistenable imo. there's 40 minutes of great music on there tho which is a great album length so it's fair to say it's a great album

beachdude42 likes this.
  24. Bryan Diem

Trusted

also the dvd is a perfect time capsule of "the scene" at the time and is an absolute essential. It'd be cool if EVR cut it up into tracks and released it on a 2xLP... does anyone have their ear?

beachdude42 likes this.
  25. irthesteve

I absolutely love that DVD, and I am about 90% certain I have the audio version of it in my iTunes. I double checked, and it's the same track list from the DVD. I am pretty sure someone ripped and cut it up back in the day, I can send it to you if you want

beachdude42 likes this.