Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Sopranos (HBO) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

trevorshmevor and [removed] like this.
  2. Morrissey

Trusted

A.J. deciding to join the military because his life is aimless but immediately giving it up because his father gets him a good job and new car is one of the better cultural critiques in the show.

3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Yea, his recovery from a suicide attempt seemed kinda rushed to give him a happy ending

4. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I don't think it implied a full-recovery at all. All we see is that he strangely finds hope in the burning car and then it's left open-ended at the restaurant.

5. Morrissey

Trusted

He is burying it like Tony does. No one in the family deals with their problems. Carmela complains about Tony but then she justifies it with her spec house. Meadow gives up all of her idealism and starts defending the Mafia to Finn and marrying the son of another mobster.

BornToRun and OotyPa like this.
  6. BornToRun

Regular Supporter

7. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I still would like to know what happened to Furio haha

8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Or the Russian

9. BackyardHero11

Trusted

The Gabagool Podcast - Season One - YouTube My friend and I started a Sopranos podcast called The Gabagool. thought this would be a good place to share! I linked a playlist, our episodes go up weekly on Fridays. We post to youtube as we cut in clips, but for those who prefer, the youtube audio also goes up on soundcloud. The Gabagool Podcast

We have five episodes up so far, hope people enjoy, and if you do, please subscribe to youtube, we apparently can't get a personalized url till we hit 100 subscribers.

10. zmtr

Trusted

Will definitely check it out

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  11. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

my friend got so angry when she found out that gabbagool was referring to capocollo but jokes on her she's scottish

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

zmtr and BackyardHero11 like this.
  13. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Actually a well made video with some great points.

14. Malatesta

yeah i think the takeaway from the finale is very much not did Tony die but rather how can we hold onto what is significant in our lives before the inevitable occurs.

BornToRun and kupe like this.
  15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yall are really gonna make me go and binge this whole series again for like the 7th time SMH

Ken, BornToRun, kupe and 1 other person like this.
  16. Malatesta

it's only my second run through but rewatching with an unexposed friend is unbelievably rewarding

Ken, oldjersey and OotyPa like this.
  17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I did 6 a few months ago

18. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I think he dies lol.

BornToRun and Wharf Rat like this.
  19. Malatesta

i lean the other way but as i said i believe its the inherent ambiguity and tension that Chase wanted to draw our attention to

oldjersey likes this.
  20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Definitely. Plus he knew people like us would have arguments about it a decade later.

Ken likes this.
  21. Malatesta

i hope the Sopranos would be respected and relevant today either way but it certainly didnt hurt

Doomsday and oldjersey like this.
  22. kupe

Regular

This so much. People do so much debating about WHAT happened but the scene is designed to make you feel how quickly the things you love can be taken away from you, and it works on a literal level and a meta level. I've said it before but this is one of the pieces of entertainment that's actually made me work towards being a better/more grateful person.

trevorshmevor and OotyPa like this.
  23. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

i will never forget sitting in my living room watching the last episode with my friend and my dad. my dad wasn't really an avid follower of the show but the last episode of this show, kind of like Lost, was just an event that people tuned in for. he freaked out because he thought i had sat on the remote or something when the screen went black, and we all shuffled around the couch to try and find it then the credits started rolling and we just sat there for actual minutes without speaking. It was great.

24. Jake Gyllenhaal

MexicanGuitars and Kyle Max like this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Doing my rewatch in between finishing up my re watch of Boardwalk. So many actors that are in both its interesting. Nelson’s probi whom he murders is in the ep of Sopranos where he’s the manager of some nursery that the cop whom ticketed Tony is now working at.

Also meadows roommate(even though depression/suicide isn’t funny) offers a lot of comic relief.

Roommate: “now if I can just get passed the sound the pine trees make at night..

Meadow: “I’m going to see Noah!”
    Lol