Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Sopranos (HBO) TV Show • Page 36

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I watched the series for the first time this winter, at least one episode a day, and the Dr. Melfi rape episode made me take a weeklong hiatus lol

imthesheriff likes this.
  2. Morrissey

Trusted

Paulie just invited Big Pussy to a hockey game. Now that would have been a great episode.

3. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I just finished. I thought I knew how it ended but I guess I heard wrong. Not entirely sure how I feel about it yet. I wasn’t crazy about how they handled Chris in the last season though.

4. Pseudo!

Regular

I actually really like how they handled Chris in the last season, just completed a rewatch and Walk Like A Man was one of my favorites of the entire series

5. Morrissey

Trusted

The length of the show forced them to really stretch out Chris' storyline. The first episode of the show established that he was not reliable and had dreams of moving on to movies.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  6. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I thought Chris' arc was very realistic and true to his character.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  7. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I just felt like his storyline should have ended earlier. It felt like they forgot to do it until the last few episodes and threw it in near the end.

8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

The climax of his arc was definitely Long Term Parking. The chapter we get afterward is more of an epilogue to his character. I don't agree that it feels like the writers "forgot to do it and threw it in near the end." I'm sure there's a reason why they kept Chris until then, maybe because they felt what happened with Chris was the catalyst to Tony's peyote-fueled revelation (which needed to happen after the coma sequence and before his own children confront their tragedy), or simply because they needed to tie-up the loose ends of Chris' struggle with addiction.

imthesheriff likes this.
  9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Christopher wanted to write movies like Goodfellas but I wondered if he thought it was weird the actor who played Spider looks a lot like him

Wharf Rat and OotyPa like this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

11. Morrissey

Trusted

12. Morrissey

Trusted

The CGI Livia is even worse than I remember. We have really come a long way. It isn't even an important scene; Tony just gets mad and complains at her like usual. His last scenes with the living Nancy Marchand, especially when he defends Janice from her insults, were a perfectly fine ending to their scenes together.

OhTheWater, Wharf Rat, OotyPa and 2 others like this.
  13. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

The Talking Sopranos podcast with Imperioli and Schrippa is live now

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Spontaneous quarantine influenced re-watch started monday, halfway through season 1.

imthesheriff likes this.
  15. -deleted-

-

I’m wrapping up 6b tonight.

imthesheriff likes this.
  16. Jake Gyllenhaal

17. -deleted-

-

18. owenlongsworth

Regular

I had already started watching this for the first time before corona got real bad over here. Then I knocked the rest out after we got locked down for the last two weeks.

Man, absolutely fucking hated the ending. Fucking HATED it. I was so pissed and had honestly never felt that let down by anything before.

Then I quickly read about the ending online and three minutes later, it was my favorite ending to anything ever. This show hit me in ways that no other show or film has ever done. What a fucking ride.

19. -deleted-

-

I think my favorite part of the final season is when Bobby drops me on my ass and Carm flicks the monopoly mansion off my face.

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

ROADIES?!

Rowan5215 likes this.
  21. Jake Gyllenhaal

AJ is the underdog of the last season. Destroying that gas guzzler

oldjersey and OotyPa like this.
  22. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

you Sopranos... you go too far!

23. -deleted-

-

And that’s a wrap. Still amazing on a 4th rewatch all these years later.

What do you all think? Am I dead or was that guy just eyeballin’ my onion rings?

EmmanuelSCastle and Rowan5215 like this.
  24. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

you're 100% dead, sorry T. David Chase even straight up let it slip, he corrected himself but it was a little too late

25. Morrissey

Trusted

It seems really unlikely that people would buy the "Richie was a rat" excuse that Tony uses. Obviously a lot of the people repeating it know better, but some people genuinely believe it even though Richie is the last person who would become an informant. He literally just got out of prison.

imthesheriff likes this.