Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Sopranos (HBO) TV Show • Page 35

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I don't like that kinda talk

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  2. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

oh my god her bad mouthing people as soon as they left drove me fucking insane hahaha

3. -deleted-

-

The hand gestures make my blood boil. That miserable old bat.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  4. Morrissey

Trusted

Meadow is a really unconvincing goalie in the soccer episode.

Jake Gyllenhaal and Signifire like this.
  5. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Yeah I just watched this one and was thinking the same thing. There’s a lot of little moments like that of bad acting in the first season to be honest.

6. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

She never had the makings of a varsity athlete

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Get your coat!

I don’t have one.

Then get movin’ goddamnit!

8. Victor Eremita

Not here. Isn't happening. Supporter

Well you all have talked me into another rewatch. I’ve lost count

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  9. Morrissey

Trusted

I am always surprised when people say they liked the early show the best. There is a lot of identity searching throughout the first accent. Gandolfini hadn't even picked out a voice yet.

10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I never watch the first season. Second season is also kinda meh at times.

11. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

[​IMG]

12. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

finished this last night and i am completely empty inside

13. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

I know this is crazy, I'm a huge tv nerd and looove HBO but I've never watched the sopranos. I'm in quarantine for the next 21 days (at least) so I'm going to remedy that.

14. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

We have the second half of season 6 left. We've kind of slowed down because we don't want it to end.

15. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Forever jealous of first-time watchers.

16. Morrissey

Trusted

The evolution of Bobby Bacala from a dumb cartoon character to the moral center of the family is really impressive.

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Soprano Home Movies is so good because of Bobby. When Tony forces him to get his first kill it was heartbreaking.

18. Morrissey

Trusted

It leads to his downfall, just like anyone who gets close to Tony. It is Bobby, of all people, that casually suggests killing Hesh instead of paying him back.

Cameron likes this.
  19. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

after thinking about the ending for a few days, i think i really like it -- there was that line of dialogue earlier in the season where someone (maybe it was even Tony) observes that 80% of the time, being boss ends in either death or imprisonment, and i think by withholding any semblance of a neat resolution, positive or negative, it ends up being a clever way of tipping the hat towards that endless cycle without acting out a drawn out narrative where the show declines in quality by having him move towards either of those scenarios. plus, i don't even feel like the show is really/primarily about the mafia as much as it is just a backdrop to contrast the mundanities of regular life drama, and i think the ending really highlights that. like, once Melfi makes it clear that she doesn't think she can help him anymore and that maybe there are limits to being able to help someone in his position (waste management), it feels like Tony's arc is more or less complete, at least the parts of it concerning his growth, and the way the latter half of the series got progressively darker and more nihilistic also reinforces that for me. idk! im still thinking about it, but i really liked it and enjoyed my time watching it. definitely deserves the hype.

20. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

The scene where Ralph beats the stripper to death might be the darkest moment in this show. Holy shit. It’s so brutal.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  21. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Definitely one of the hardest to watch. The final sequence in Long Term Parking too.

Signifire likes this.
  22. cherrywaves

Trusted

yeah Ralph is a fuckin' psycho

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

that and Dr. Melfi’s rape

trevorshmevor, Signifire and alina like this.
  24. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

completely agree w both of those, both genuinely shocking and horrific scenes, don't think I've really seen violence of that level in a tv show before

25. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Melfi was the first thing that popped into my head. So brutal.

trevorshmevor and alina like this.