Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Sopranos (HBO) TV Show • Page 31

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Whitecaps, Whoever Did This, Blue Comet etc. so many great eps

2. Pseudo!

Regular

Sopranos Home Movies and the pilot are my personal favorites, but it's been awhile since my last rewatch. Need to correct that

3. soggytime

Trusted

Pine Barrens, University, College, Sopranos Home Movies, Funhouse, The Knight In White Satin Armor, Jackie and Heidi, MADE IN AMERICA...

If I try and compile my favorite tv episode list of all time, a big chunk would be nothing but Sorpanos episodes.

4. Morrissey

Trusted

The episodes mostly blend together for me because I watched them pretty close to another. Blue Comet and Whitecaps are obvious standouts, though.

I remember the bad episodes a bit more distinctly. Some of the most cringe-inducing stuff is when they do fish out of water episodes where they compared gangsters to other groups. The stuff with the rappers in Season One and Season Six, the rock band in Season One, Tony's father's mistress in Season Five, Columbus Day in Season Four.

5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

The one where Christopher hangs out with Jon Favreau

trevorshmevor, Crisp X and oldjersey like this.
  6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Columbus is generally considered the worst episode but I still like it. the last scene has one of the all-time funniest lines in the show - "he was gay, Gary Cooper?" - and in general it's great for demonstrating how ignorant and backwards all the mobsters are

no one can convince the Ben Kingsley episode isn't great too. I think the humour is underrated. In Camelot with Tony's father's mistress is easily the worst ep

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Luxury Lounge has Lauren Bacall and is therefore automatically incredible.

8. zmtr

Trusted

Even the bad episodes are still enjoyable IMO. I don't skip any episodes during a rewatch.

soggytime likes this.
  9. Morrissey

Trusted

The Jon Favreau one is another lowlight. A lot of the stuff with Dr. Melfi's family, as well as the one where Tony tries to hang out with WASPs and realizes they treat him like a toy. They remind me of episodes of Scooby Doo where they would team up with someone like the Harlem Globetrotters.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  10. -deleted-

-

Whitecaps was Carm's best moment. But I tried to do something nice, and what do I get? Kicked right in the stugots.

11. soggytime

Trusted

There are no bad episodes.... just episodes you enjoy the least. I also really like "D Girl"

12. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah D-Girl is a bottom tier episode for me, I just never ever ever ever found myself caring about Chris' film interests. Scenes with Melfi's son and ex husband are also among my least favorite (except 'Employee of the Month' - very strong acting in that episode).

The episode where he golfs with Cusamano's buddies and he ropes them along with the John Gotti story is funny though

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  13. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

mmmmmmmmmmm i want to agree with this so bad - but i think there genuinely are a few stinkers haha

14. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

just looking at an episode list, S1 has right off the bat maybe the shows worst episode 'A Hit is a Hit'.

S2 has 'D-Girl' (a personal low point for me)

S3 has 'Another Toothpick'....most of the episode focusing on Bobby Baccala's dad....uninteresting to me. 'The Telltale Moozadell' is meh, focuses too much on Jackie Jr and Adrianna's music club/drug dealing in and out of the club. So much of Jackie Jr scenes just annoy me so much I hated him lol.

I think S4 dips significantly in quality but storms back to relevance with the finale.
    edit: the episodes with janice trying to manipulate and force her way into bobby's life after his wife dies always bothers me lol

S5 is pretty strong all the way except i still cant stand 'The Test Dream' episode

S6 is mostly a mess for the first half, and i think the back half ends it strongly.

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

gonna have to re-watch this again soon now, got me thinkin' too much about it

16. -deleted-

-

I’m sorry it wasn’t good enough for you. Maybe I could’ve lived my life better for YOUR entertainment.

Not anyone’s fault but Melfi’s own she married that **********.

Ken, Cameron, oldjersey and 1 other person like this.
  17. Morrissey

Trusted

One of the all-time best scenes is a small moment in Blue Comet where Tony, Silvio, and Bobby are meeting at Vesuvio's and they start mime boxing to the Raging Bull theme. It is a devastating moment when you realize it is the last interaction those three will have.

18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Says the guy who can’t even hold an N64 controller correctly

BC614DBD-DBC1-4BB4-A8F3-89B031D73348.jpeg

19. -deleted-

-

Cameron likes this.
  20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

so thats how you spell that

21. Whatever episode this comes from is a favorite of mine too

Sean Murphy likes this.
  22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Season 4 as a whole was definitely a low point for people who aren't obsessed with the show like us. I watched it with my girlfriend and she gave up watching after S4.

I'm still resentful

23. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Whitecaps, no? One of the best episodes ever

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

yeah that's the end of Whitecaps haha

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  25. soggytime

Trusted

So, back during my 2nd run of the show with a roommate who had not seen it before, my girlfriend watched the finale with us before she had even seen the show. Sure enough, we ended up watching the whole thing from the start (this was my third run lol) and it ended up becoming one of her all time favorites as well.

I agree that Season 4 is probably my least favorite season overall. Although it has some high points (Whoever Did This, Whitecaps) but also the most low points.