Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Sopranos (HBO) TV Show • Page 23

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I love how the show had certain “punching bag” characters lol. The bartender at Bing, the landscaper, the appraiser etc.

2. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

I have it, haven’t gone through it in its entirety, but it sits on my coffee table and it’s awesome to flip through and read the episode breakdowns as I rewatch random episodes.

There’s a lot of good stuff in there.

3. cherrywaves

Trusted

Watched the last season when it aired but I was like 16 so I don’t remember a lot of it. Been slowly making my way through the series and started 6A today, this might be my favorite show of all time

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Easily mine

5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Definitely my favorite. My girlfriend and I are on 6B. This might be my third time through the series and I’ve picked up so many little details I missed the first few times. It’s her first time and she’s ready for a mob war at this point. I keep telling her to be careful what she wishes for lol.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I feel like I have another run through brewing even though I just finished one. Probably after I finish The Americans again.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

IM JUST THE APPRAISER

Cameron and Rowan5215 like this.
  8. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

HE WAS COMIN AT ME WITH A CHAINSAW T

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I feel for the appraiser so much every damn time

10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

And the dude that gets knocked out by the golf club, fuuccckkkk I hate that scene

11. zmtr

Trusted

This website is incredible. Gonna start my 3rd rewatch tonight.

Sopranos Autopsy

MexicanGuitars and Ken like this.
  12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Welp im not getting any work done today

Ken likes this.
  13. zmtr

Trusted

dude I've been at work since 8 and have been reading through this website the entire time

Ken likes this.
  14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Next episode: Kennedy and Heidi. Will keep you updated with my girlfriends first reactions.

Cameron and Sean Murphy like this.
  15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Oh boy

16. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

She always predicts what’s about to happen a minute before it happens lol

17. currytheword

Trusted

So this week I got to speak to a special customer of mine I’ve mentioned, who’s gotten comfortable enough around me to talk about his work. I asked him about the upcoming movie, and I found out he was actually asked to direct but passed on it. Told me a few reasons why he did, but the main one I feel comfortable enough to mention is that he didn’t feel the script was up to par. It’s a bummer, but I feel like none of us should be surprised at this point.

I asked about them using Gandolfini’s son in the role of Tony, and while he said it’s cool and likely drawing plenty of attention to the film since they’ve only released photos of him, he’s definitely not the main character nor is he a center focus of the film.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  18. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Finished everything tonight. My girlfriend expected a polarizing ending because it’s kinda hard not to at least have that element spoiled.

I love this show so deeply. Its very close to my heart, its ruminations on life and our collective struggle to create meaning.

Side note- i get just as thrilled seeing the suv blow up in the woods as AJ does

19. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Wanna watch it all over again now

johnnyferris and OotyPa like this.
  20. Jake Gyllenhaal

There better be gabagool served at the open house

21. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I just wanna go in that house once

currytheword likes this.
  22. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

I’m assuming all the interior shots were done on a soundstage?

23. currytheword

Trusted

Some but not all. A few rooms from the house were used.

Kyle Max likes this.
  24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Pretty sure the backyard, kitchen, and main living room were all actually used.

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

From the NY Times article:

The house, where Tony Soprano pulled into the long, curving driveway in the opening credits of “The Sopranos,” was both a frequent filming location and the inspiration for a meticulous replica of the interiors at Silvercup Studios in Queens, N.Y.

Scenes in the pilot episode were filmed in the home’s kitchen, where viewers first met Tony’s long-suffering wife, Carmela, and their children, A.J. and Meadow. Tony, the sullen gangster with mommy issues, waded into the backyard pool with a family of ducks and had a panic attack on the patio in the same episode.

While later indoor scenes were mostly filmed on a Silvercup soundstage, the production crew returned to the Recchias’ home year after year for exterior shots. So do some die-hard fans.

“I was pulling out of the driveway and I noticed a few fellas on their motorcycles coming down the cul-de-sac,” said Ms. Recchia, about a recent interaction. “So I open my car window just to acknowledge them, and they say, ‘Hi, Mrs. Soprano! We’re not going to mess anything up, just want to take a couple photos.’”

“They’ll pull up in like a limo or something, get out in a robe, and pick up a newspaper,” said Mr. Recchia, who encountered a father and son who said the photo op was part of a Father’s Day present.

Petit nain des Îles and OotyPa like this.