Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Sopranos (HBO) TV Show • Page 21

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

"His house looked like shit..."

Sean Murphy and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The combo of these lines is what puts it into side-splitting territory.

3. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

5. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Those rolls were for my ma.

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

7. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Ken and currytheword like this.
  8. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This was always my fav scene

9. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Made a thread for the movie

10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Cameron likes this.
  12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Have we talked about Lady Gaga being on the show?

13. Jake Gyllenhaal

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Stop it.

Did not know that

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

It’s very easy to miss. She’s definitely not the main girl in the scene and she is only really noticeable for a few shots. It’s so great the first time you see it though.

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Y’all I finished up last night and I’m devastated all over again. The ending scene never fails to get me practically out of my seat, so much hope and hopelessness and tension and paranoia and loss and uuuggghh it’s just too good.

Jake Gyllenhaal and currytheword like this.
  18. currytheword Mar 31, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2019)
    currytheword

Trusted

I'm on season 3 and Melfi's rape scene was last night (awful to watch). I forgot how great of an ending it is though when Tony is comforting her because she began to cry and was all nervous. You can tell she's eating it up and is about to tell him cause he asked if something was wrong. Knowing what Tony will do, there's a long tense pause on her facial expression that says so much, though she just tells him "no" and it cuts. So good.

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I skip ahead of the melfi rape scene every time, ugh brutal.

currytheword likes this.
  20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I really really hate rape as drama storylines, but I do appreciate every time that she is actually allowed to process through it in a real way and come to her own terms about what happened instead of just taking an easy out in the story. The specific way the case gets completely dropped always annoys me though, but most shows have that issue so I just try to focus on the emotions behind it instead.

21. OotyPa Apr 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2019)
    OotyPa

fall away

Watched Long Term Parking with my girlfriend. It's her first time through the series so I was pretty nervous for her reaction, not gonna lie haha. I knew she'd be upset but I didn't expect her storming out of the room when it happened. It upset her so much that she questioned whether or not to even finish the rest of the series--to which I explained it's probably the hardest episode to watch in the whole show, Adriana is the most sympathetic/"innocent" character, etc... but she was just really skeptical of it all. She says she'll watch the rest but this episode really flipped her perspective on all of the main characters to the point where she literally said "I hope New York kills them all." Totally understand her reservations... it's pretty fucking brutal. Amazing how that whole sequence of events physically makes my stomach feel ill every time, just like Adriana does with her IBS/ulcer colitis or whatever.

22. Jake Gyllenhaal

What part did she walk out on? her death or Chris nearly choking her to death because that's tougher for me to watch than her off-screen shooting... you could also say Chris doesn't have a happy ending either

23. OotyPa Apr 1, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 1, 2019)
    OotyPa

fall away

She nearly walked out on the first part but then walked out when Sil opened her car door. When Chris dies, it seems like a much more refined death (and he is deeply guilty and arguably deserves to die at that point). Showing us Adriana's imagined getaway while she's in the car with Sil and seconds later, she's pleading for her life... it's all really heartbreaking and disturbing.

currytheword and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I still will never understand why she didn’t talk to Chris from the very start. I knew she was a goner when she kept it from him and then ESPECIALLY the way she told him with no safety net. The scene on the couch is so awful, I agree that it’s harder to watch than the part with Sil. I also really hate Christopher more than most people, so that whole episode is rough for me.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  25. Jake Gyllenhaal

My guess is because she knew he'd have the same reaction while holding off hope the FBI would just back away if she only gave minimal information or played ignorant.

trevorshmevor likes this.