Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Sopranos (HBO) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I see this show compared to Mad Men a lot, and gotta say so far I've preferred Mad Men. Both have phenomenal writing, but Mad Men managed to keep my attention a little better. I know I should wait till I finish this all the way through but knowing how well Mad Men ended I doubt that opinion will change.

2. drstrong

I'm Back.

This show gets progressively better as the seasons move along.

3. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

man i keep forgetting i need to start mad men..

some day...

4. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

I still need to finish this show. I think S05E07 was where I left off. I know I haven't finished yet but so far I think I prefer The Sopranos to Mad Men.

5. drstrong

I'm Back.

I don't get how these two shows are even in the same realm. I'd say that The Sopranos is my favorite over Mad Men, but I couldn't say that one is better than the other.

6. marceting

Trusted

I went to Bada Bing just to say I went there. Greatest experience of my life.

7. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

Hold up. Explain. Is the Bing a real place?

8. marceting

Trusted

It's called Satin Dolls in real life. It is very much real. I drunkenly went there with a bunch of friends a few summers ago on a whim.

9. bedwettingcosmo

i just finished s4. whitecaps was some of the best this show has done.

10. bedwettingcosmo

i am starting 6b...dont really want this to end. something special.

11. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

My favorite part of the series. It closes beautifully

12. Morrissey

Trusted

The entire last episode is brilliant scene after brilliant scene. It is a shame Chase did not direct more episodes; he knows how to convey every emotion through the faces of the characters.

13. bedwettingcosmo

im so hyped to finish it. ive been blasting through it but its been a real treat. just finished "soprano home movies"

OotyPa and oldjersey like this.
  14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Watched many a drama TV series in my life. This remains my number 1 or sure. Just did a third re-watch a few months ago and it just reaffirmed how much I love the characters in this show. Not to mention the siq brag that half the show was filmed within a 10 mile radius of my hometown where I grew up.

15. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I just finished this last week. Great show. I'm already missing it.

16. bedwettingcosmo

just finished it.

holy shit. i really didn't think i'd like it much when i started it a few months ago but i think its bumped the wire out of my top 3...never really gave a shit about gandolfini but his performance will stick with me forever.

that en----

17. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

He was shot by the guy in the Member's Only jacket

18. Morrissey

Trusted

The years of debate over the ending was a rough time for everyone.

19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

The final scene was shot in an ice cream parlor/restaurant in the town next to me. I've eaten there several times. Pretty neat.

20. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

which is sad because the point is 100% that it doesn't matter

21. bedwettingcosmo

gonna have to read this at some point. i don't really know where i stand and dont know if i care that much but i still feel haunted by the ending.

Page 1

22. Morrissey

Trusted

It took a few years for people to come around and understand this. The imminent threat can be real or imagined.

23. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Just watched this episode, maybe my favorite of the series so far. I watched the first three seasons over the past month, took a break for a couple weeks, and now have just started again.

Cameron likes this.
  24. RonandTammy

Regular

Started with the entire series again, only on the 4th episode, haven't seen these since like 2008. I forgot just how funny some of this stuff was.

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It's one of the funnier shows ever, doesn't get enough credit for that