Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Sopranos (HBO) TV Show • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

off the top of my head;

2, 1, 5, 3, 4, 6B, 6A

2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

5, 6B, 6A, 4, 3, 2, 1

3. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I love the coma dream episodes in 6A. Some of my favorite episodes, actually.

4. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I was unfamiliar with gandolfini before the sopranos so when he used his actual voice to play coma-tony i was super thrown off haha

5. Jake Gyllenhaal

There was a year-long gap between shooting the pilot episode and the second episode. In the pilot, Tony isn't as heavy and a little more articulate when speaking.

Sean Murphy likes this.
  6. I think I’m going to rewatch the whole series, again. It’ll be my fourth time I think. Maybe fifth.

7. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

I just finished my 5th rewatch. I do it every 18 months or so and it never feels stale.

8. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Actually maybe it was my 6th. I watch this show so freekin much.

currytheword likes this.
  9. currytheword

Trusted

I sooooo just geeked out because Allen Coulter is a fan of my shop and is returning on Friday. Just talked to him for a half hour. Life is fucking weird.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  10. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Finished my re watch the other day, and now I’m sad.

11. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

You know what the cure is for that? Gabagool

12. Or a sandwich from Satriale's.

13. currytheword

Trusted

I've been revisiting Celebrity Deathmatch and completely forgot about this episode.

14. MikeERayner

Trusted

Bobby, Chris and Pussy are doing a 'In Conversation' tour here in Australia next year. Cannot wait.

currytheword likes this.
  15. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Gabagool cures everything. Also, it’s cured so like..

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  16. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Rewatching this for the third or fourth time now- I’ve lost count- but its my girlfriends first time. We are just reaching the tail end of the first season and the word that Uncle Junior gives good head is out!

17. Any time I remember an interaction between Tony and Uncle Jun my heart melts.

18. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

"I thought you were a Bacala man, what are you doin' eatin' Sushi?"

OotyPa likes this.
  19. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

May I ask why? lol

Why Bother? likes this.
  20. Jake Gyllenhaal

I feel like this was one of the few times Carmela was able to crack a good joke

Tony: Uncle Jun, how was Boca?
    Junior: Wonderful. I don't go down enough.
    Carmela: That's not what I heard.

21. I think it's because it hits home. My dad has a similar relationship with his uncle, which I started noticing after my grandfather passed. Watching how Tony treated and cared for Uncle Jun, even through disagreements etc. made me relive my childhood a bit.

My family's origins are middle eastern and a lot of Tony's (and most everyone in the show, really) concept of family values, I grew up hearing about constantly from my dad. Respect, family first, etc. That really shines in Tony's relationship with Uncle Jun all the way to the end.

22. currytheword

Trusted

What, you got a doctors note that says you don’t like to suck **** anymore?!

23. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Respect to a real one

Sean Murphy and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  24. Jake Gyllenhaal

So I’ve never seen the movie Mickey Blue Eyes but it happens to be on TV right now and I’m surprised how many Sopranos actors are popping up in this.

25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

[​IMG]

marceting, Mary V and Sean Murphy like this.