Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Smiths Band • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 7, 2016.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

2. Rick Astley should just tour with the rest of the band

Jason Tolpin likes this.
  3. Ugh this guy… haha

4. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

OPEN LETTER TO JOHNNY MARR. - MESSAGES FROM MORRISSEY - MORRISSEY CENTRAL - OPEN LETTER TO JOHNNY MARR.

5. Morrissey should stick to wearing Britain First badges and being a washed-up fascist prick

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

7. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

... so no chance?

8. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Talked to a friend today (and pretty sure I’ve said this in this thread before) but man “Some Girls…” is the perfect Smiths song if it weren’t for the lyrics. The live version is even better but that chorus is hard to live with.

9. inkwisitive

Regular

I've head-canoned the lyrics as being about reducing lad/page-3 culture down to its most matter-of-fact, to reveal how banal the narrator finds it all. Like an alien trying to join in ogling women on a night out, it's very Morrissey to have a disdain for human nature.

Worth doing so for how transcendent the instrumental is, Some Girls... might be my favourite Johnny Marr guitar line.

10. David87

Prestigious Prestigious

11. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. Damn. R.I.P.

13. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

That is a shame. So young.

For me, graduating in high school in 1987, the Holy Trinity of music was not FOB, MCR, or PATD, but rather The Smiths, The Cure, and Echo & the Bunnymen. Without them, I wouldnt be where I am today.

coleslawed likes this.
  14. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

little old but this is so good

Jason Tolpin likes this.
  15. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

is johnny's solo stuff worth diving into? how is his voice?