Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Smiths Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, Mar 7, 2016.

1. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I just don't think not eating meat is equatable to transgender rights or supporting a rapist. Some people HAVE to eat meat due to health issues. Morrissey doesn't have to play if he doesn't want to and I respect that but I don't agree with it. It's unfair to the fans that are meat eaters. Again, this is coming from a vegan who believes eating meat is cruel and causes several issues be it pollution or work ethics. But even still, I wouldn't force that on people just because they don't agree with me. But you're right, it is a good thing to discuss and I'm glad we're having a civil talk about this.

2. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

He thinks it's as important though which is why I think it's perfectly fine for him to not want people eating meat at his shows. As a fan I honestly wouldn't want him to feel like he had to play a show somewhere where he wasn't comfortable and happy and that's probably the thing he's the most passionate about. It's not like he's only letting vegetarians come to his shows, meat eaters can go one night without a burger for someone whose music they're obviously passionate about. Like stage diving, it's a pretty common thing at shows and a lot of people don't see it as a problem but I think if the band doesn't want it at their show, the people attending and the venue should be respectful of that.

Randall Mentzos and Aaron Mook like this.
  3. CoffeeEyes17

Fair enough

4. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

What was the consensus on Morrissey's Riot Fest set?

5. Your Milkshake

Prestigious Prestigious

RE: favorite Smiths riffs

Handsome Devil

the solo in Nowhere Fast

Barbarism Begins At Home

6. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i like every smiths song

Randall Mentzos and Aaron Mook like this.
  7. CoffeeEyes17

this warms my heart

8. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i listened to hatful of hollow three times today

Aaron Mook and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  9. CoffeeEyes17

if its considered an album then its my favorite Smiths album front to back.

sophos34 likes this.
  10. the best.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  11. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

it may as well be

Aaron Mook and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  12. CoffeeEyes17

yeah id consider it one too. theyre just such a singles band and theyre all great.

sophos34 likes this.
  13. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

How Soon Is Now
    This Charming Man

14. SpyKi

I feel like the only person in the world who doesn't care for Hatful.

15. don't take this the wrong way, but you actually might be haha

sophos34 likes this.
  16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

how are you not hooked within the first 5 seconds of "william"

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. god i can't wait to get my smiths tattoo this year

iCarly Rae Jepsen and SpyKi like this.
  18. SpyKi

I love that song to death, I love most of the songs on there I just think they're mostly worse versions than the ones on the self titled and I don't see any reason to listen to it when I have the self titled and Louder Than Bombs. Honestly I'm just salty towards it since it seems so many people choose it over their actual studio albums, ha.

19. SpyKi

Honestly if there was no self titled or LTB Hatful would be my favourite, ha. I just see no reason to listen to it when I have those albums.

20. SpyKi

What you getting?

21. "I'm Not Happy And I'm Not Sad" around an umbrella blowing in the rain

22. Aaron Mook Sep 27, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 27, 2016)
    I think Hatful is better than both of those records, but LTB in particular mostly because 1. I heard Hatful first (it got me into The Smiths) and 2. I think it's way more refined and manageable than LTB (and I love LTB)

23. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

it takes less time to listen to hatful than it does to listen to self titled and ltb back to back

24. SpyKi

10/10

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. Jason Tolpin

Trusted

Trying to remember what was the first Smiths song I heard.... could it have been Girlfriend in a Coma? Perhaps. Then I went back a few years... 1987 was a huge year for music for me then - a senior in high school, and I found out about New Wave (Alternative, Emo, punk....)

My girls talk about the emo trinity today (MCR, FOB, PATD), but in 1987 it was the cure, echo, and the smiths... :)

hypernights. and Aaron Mook like this.