Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Smith Street Band - More Scared of You Than You Are of Me (April 7, 2017) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by VanMastaIteHab, Feb 13, 2017.

1. marioeatworld

Keep on moving. Busy street.

This is like The Front Bottoms meets Jeff Rosenstock with an Australian accent. Love it.

ECV and VanMastaIteHab like this.
  2. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Still loving this thing. So hard to pick a favorite. Each time I listen a new song catches me in some new way.

sean_rugy likes this.
  3. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

this is cool to see.

4. clucky

Trusted Supporter

TSSB apparently more popular than the Chainsmokers in Australia.

In other words, Australia apparently has their shit together.

5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah aren't they pretty big out there? I know Violent Soho is huge

6. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

This has grown on me a lot. I actually like Death To The Lads, I don't see it as the weakest. I'm with everyone on Passiona being the strongest though

7. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

This record is so fucking special. I want to hug it. Song for You is one of the best, most honest ballads(?) I've ever heard.

Maybevictor likes this.
  8. clucky

Trusted Supporter

The only song I don't like on this is Suffer. It's just so nasty and toxic to the point where it is a little uncomfortable to listen to. (I get that that might be kinda of the point. And it does work within the context of the record to some extent, but it is not a song I would want to listen to on its own or hear them play live and I don't think the record is better because its in there)

9. Shrek

I can understand that, particularly the grocery store bit.

10. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I think this is the best punk record released this year.

HueyLewis and electro haikus like this.
  11. Shrek

It really is. Wil really makes me jealous with how well he articulates so many things that I have failed to express over the last few years of life.

I had a whole rant typed up about what this record has come to mean to me in the short time I've gotten to spend time with it but it may be better suited for when I'm less exhausted and can determine what's too personal to post on a forum, haha. Knowing Jeff was behind the boards on this one again is too perfect, because Worry. had a similar impact on me last year, but whereas that record resonated with where I struggle to reconcile the state our world is in, this bunch of songs hits way more on the state I myself am in.

HueyLewis and VanMastaIteHab like this.
  12. Maybevictor

@maybevictor Prestigious

This record is tied with oso oso for my AOTY currently, it feels like I have a new favorite song from it every day.

13. Shrek

Looks like I'll be checking out oso oso tomorrow!

14. HueyLewis

Regular

I need to hear Forest live sometime before die.

15. travisred May 12, 2017
    (Last edited: May 12, 2017)
    travisred

Trusted Supporter

Finally got around to listening to this earlier. Very good on first listen. Birthdays and Suffer are initially my favorites, but a lot of great moments to come back to.

electro haikus likes this.
  16. Shrek

Still my favorite record of the year so far. I enjoy singing along to this thing any chance I get.

sean_rugy likes this.
  17. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

this one is up there for me for sure

18. Finally got around to checking this out. Really love this thing.

19. Shrek

Fun trivia fact about this album:

It's very very good

VanMastaIteHab and sean_rugy like this.
  20. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

I need to go back to this one. It's on my "liked a lot" list but I haven't spent enough time with it.

21. Shrek

I recommend you get sad and drunk first

22. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

23. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

I'm glad people finally like this band. This is a much better reception than Throw Me in the River got. It's also the better album, but not by much. If people haven't checked that out, definitely do so.

24. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

And the realisation shatters through me
    That I'm the villain in this movie
    But I've got no script and no direction
    I just want you to let me love you
    I just want you to let me love you
    I just wanted you to let me

I absolutely love this song. Some of the lyrics are so strange but that chorus is so ridiculously easy to relate to.

25. Shrek

Throw Me in the River was certainly close but this one definitely wins out for me. The Arrogance of the Drunk Pedestrian was my breakup anthem a couple of years ago

VanMastaIteHab likes this.