Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Ska Thread Genre • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ZooZooChaCha, Feb 23, 2018.

1. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Makes sense why they got dropped from the Big D show last week now

2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Furry Werthers and Nate_Johnson like this.
  3. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

popdisaster00 and Furry Werthers like this.
  4. Furry Werthers

Trusted

That is fun. Reminds me of when I was in middle school lol

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  5. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

They sound a lot like Less than Jake

Furry Werthers likes this.
  6. Furry Werthers

Trusted

That was the first band I jumped to for sure, but they overall just reminded me of that LTJ/Mustard Plug 1997-2000 sound lol

Great find, thank you! New band too, excited to see where they go.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  7. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

8. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

9. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

10. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  11. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Damn hope he is ok.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  12. Elder Lightning

ZooZooChaCha and Nate_Johnson like this.
  13. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

15. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Very sad

17. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

I remember my friend texting me that it was wild that Bosstones were playing Riot Fest in sept because Dicky is anti vax

18. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Was going to ask about Kimmel, but looks like he left that too. How stupid.

19. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Listen it’s a good joke….

20. Elder Lightning

The Haymarket affair in Chicago was a labor protest that gave us the standard eight-hour workday. Worldwide, this is celebrated on May Day. Unsurprisingly, the US doesn't officially recognize a holiday celebrating a small victory over capitalism. Instead, they created Labor Day to placate the workers while also white-washing history. The problems laborers face today are just like those in 1886. Today, the income disparity has grown wider and automation is no longer a looming threat has put millions out of work. All of this could be solved by adopting a form of universal basic income. Our song "Labor Day" is a call for that universal basic income. Interestingly, this song was recorded pre-COVID, before UBI was a subject many even knew about. Now, that we've seen the government can absolutely afford to send us stimulus checks, it's become a more mainstream topic. Automation is going to be the greatest economic hurdle of the 21st century. Companies complain about the labor shortage, when 7 million jobs have been lost to automation in the last decade. That number is expected to grow to 80 million jobs in the next five years in the US alone. So, what fucking labor shortage? The problem is a WAGE shortage. The national minimum wage is seven dollars and a fucking quarter. That can hardly get you a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread.

21. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

22. VanMastaIteHab

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone remember this band? Music just got added to streaming because they’re doing a reunion show next month. Very, very nostalgic for me lol, used to see them around all the time in high school.

24. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

I think I saw them as one of the opening bands for Streetlight at Starland back in 2005? Tour with VooDoo Glow Skulls & MU330.

Edit: Haha I go to their SoundClick and see this, so yup, saw them at that show: "We started as a joke at the Starland Ballroom stop of the Ska is Dead 2 tour, with Mu330 and Streetlight Manifesto."

VanMastaIteHab likes this.
  25. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter