Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Sisters Brothers (Jacques Audiard, 2018) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Joel, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

How had I not heard about this? One of the best books of the 2000s

2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Jake Gyllenhaal and Riz Ahmed as well.

Should be great.

3. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I'm so fucking excited. Normally I expect books I like to be ruined, but in the hands of the person who made Un Prophete and with that cast Im rly optimistic

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

5. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

that...does not look like it remotely captures the magic of the book but we'll see I guess

6. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Has an absolutely incredible cast (Phoenix, Reilly, Gyllenhaal and especially Creed Bratton) and the trailer looks really entertaining, though I know nothing about the source material. Definitely in

7. Dave Diddy

Grief is only love that’s got no place to go Supporter

Had no idea they were turning this into a movie. I read this ehh 6 years ago now and to be honest I don't really remember it that vividly. I remember liking it at the time but it hasn't really stuck with me at all.

8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

First hour was pretty slow, but this was overall pretty good. Reilly is fantastic.

9. Surprised at the lack of comments. Seen it last week and was mesmerized by it. Not used to see John Reilly in a dramatic performance, and he killed it. I'd love to get the book further down the line.

10. zmtr

Trusted

Very excited for this. John C Reilly might be my all time favorite actor.

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Opening wide here tomorrow. Hope I can catch this and Halloween over the weekend.

12. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Picking a favorite role of his would be near impossible for me.

Edit: I'm thinking Dewey Cox in Walk Hard or Officer Jim Kurring in Magnolia.

13. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Dale Doback

bradsonemanband likes this.
  14. My thoughts too

15. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I liked this a lot. It’s only playing in one theater in all of Chicagoland right now, as far as I can tell. Hopefully it gets a wider release.

16. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

out there

apprehensive because of how much my girlfriend and I love the novel but we’re gonna go in tomorrow knowing it won’t be nearly as good and hope for the best

17. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

When the hell is this gonna be legally available

coleslawed likes this.
  18. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Really enjoyed this one.

19. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

This is on Hulu now. I liked it quite a bit. Very odd movie though. Not really sure how to summarize it, but it looked great and all the performances were as good as I hoped.

20. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Think I may just never watch this as to not sully how incredible the book is lol

21. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I haven't read the book but the movie is absolutely fantastic

coleslawed and yung_ting like this.