Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Simpsons (Fox) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Mar 7, 2016.

1. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

angrycandy and Richter915 like this.
  2. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

That's beyond amazing.

Judging by your song you're infatuated with a woman named Mindy...or a man named Andy.

3. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Is that Allie goertz's one? Her music is awesome too.

4. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Yup! They just posted Deep Slace Homer with Ken Jennings, gonna listen after lunch

Richter915 likes this.
  5. Richter915 Apr 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 11, 2016)
    Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Ahh I should listen to her show too. She was a guest for season one and two on the Simpsons show podcast and was pretty insightful. Her love of Lisa's substitute made me rewatch the episode.

[​IMG]

6. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

7. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

They get the best guests, Weinstein on Poochie was so fun.

Richter915 likes this.
  8. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

When I was about 9/10 I had a backpack that was basically Homer's head with an opening inside. I got teased for it but I stood my ground.

Richter915 likes this.
  9. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

that's awesome! and kudos for defending all things homer!

[​IMG]

Dean likes this.
  10. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

What am I thinking?

Dean likes this.
  11. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

What do you guys think about the Principal Skinner is an imposter episode (I think its called 'the principal and the pauper')? I've seen a lot of commentary that identifies this exact ep as the point in which the show started it's downward trajectory, but it's literally one of my fav episodes! (has some absolute classic lines and young Skinner is hilarious).

I get so heated when even the creators (Groening) say they hate the episode too. Also, as this is my first post in this thread I'll say The Simpsons is the greatest piece of entertainment to ever grace a screen and seasons 3, 4 and 5 are the absolute pinnacle of television. Not even exaggerating...

12. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

It kind of goes too far in breaking the world they built, and the resolution doesn't do enough to justify that break and return.

13. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

I've always found the ending so funny, the way the real Skinner literally isn't mentioned ever again (save one indirect instance Lisa calls "fake" Skinner principal Tamzarian!). The ep also has one of my favourite ever lines:

"They gave me a choice — jail, the army, or apologizing to the judge and the old lady. [Cuts to a warzone] Had I known there was a war going on, I probably would've apologized..." :crylaugh:

14. Dean

Trusted Prestigious

I haven't seen that episode for a long time, but I don't know if there was any specific turning point. It was probably much more gradual.

15. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

It's a fair point, I can see a lot of people saying that it was the beginning of the end. Seemed like after this the writers started randomly focusing on minor characters. I always thought the arc of Barney becoming sober was horrible. So many episodes about Moe becoming popular then unpopular then popular again.

16. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

17. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Favorite cameo? Will accept Micheal Jackson and Dustin Hoffman even though they were never credited.

[​IMG]

18. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Dean likes this.
  19. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Two tickets to paradise came on at work

[​IMG]

20. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

starting with season 10 there were a lot of hit or miss episodes...by 13 or 14 the misses far outweighed the hits.

21. Dean Apr 14, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 14, 2016)
    Dean

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, at the very least 10 is probably around about where it ended its run of every episode being solid to great. That was probably the point where the more heightened, weird stories started to really outbalance the more character-driven stuff as well, and not long afterwards there was a point of diminishing returns, but I think 10 is still good by and large.

22. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Its still a good episode, one of my favorite exchanges:

Sgt. Seymour Skinner: No, just captured. It's kind of a funny story, really. After five years in a secret P.O.W. camp, I was sold to China for slave labor. And since '77 I've been making sneakers at gunpoint in a sweatshop in Boo-Haun.

Marge Simpson: That's not a funny story.

Sgt. Seymour Skinner: Well, I guess you had to be there.

PandaBear! and Richter915 like this.
  23. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh: So many gems in that ep! No-good, Street-punk Skinner is pure gold, even lines like this just make me laugh for some reason:

"This is Armin's apartment, Armin's liquor, Armin's copy of "Swank", Armin's frozen peas"

Richter915 likes this.
  24. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

"You haven't dealt with women in a long time have you sergeant?"
    "Are you asking me out?"

PandaBear! likes this.
  25. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]