Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Simpsons (Fox) TV Show • Page 25

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Mar 7, 2016.

1. AP_Punk

achin' to be Prestigious

Hey man no one said his home planet wasn't alien heaven!

I intentionally included Poochie in that post, knowing it was inaccurate. I shouldve said all those deceased/killed off characters are on Poochie's planet, including Apu now. That sounds way more plausible!

Richter915 likes this.
  2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

3. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

There's no Futurama thread so these are going here:

Ruston and the rural juror like this.
  4. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

These are incredible

5. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I'm reading Springfield Confidential now. It's entertaining and there's some great facts, but I don't really like Mike Reiss

Richter915 and JRGComedy like this.
  6. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Anytime this thread is bumped I’m just hoping they finally cancel this show

7. Jake Gyllenhaal

"Have no fears, we've got stories for years"

8. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

i cant pretend like i really watch the new episodes very often but i will still have an emotional breakdown on the series finale one day

riotspray and ChaseTx like this.
  9. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Oh yeah, gave up a few years ago, but still ready to tear up

10. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

The best way to end it would just be fully recreating the first episode.

riotspray and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I like Conan's idea too

Morgan Spurlock: If you had to write, uh, the ending of The Simpsons, how would it end?

Conan O'Brien: Marge is gonna take a good, hard look at Homer and say he's so stupid and he's screwed us over so many times. It'll be humorless. It won't be funny. It'll just be her looking at Homer and saying, "You are such a stupid son of a bitch. I, you're endangering my children. You've destroyed the town 600,000 times. You're, you, you're a threat to mankind. I'm leaving you. I'm leaving you forever."

12. Jake Gyllenhaal

Sounds like a laugh riot.

domotime2 likes this.
  13. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Not sure if theyve done this yet but I would do either barts 11th birthday or lisas 9th birthday or Maggie's 2nd birthday as a finale.

I always thought the show should end with everyone finally aging one year

riotspray and JRGComedy like this.
  14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Sources with knowledge of negotiations tell Variety that [Fox Broadcasting Co.] and studio 20th Century Fox Television are near completion of a deal to renew The Simpsons for a 31st and 32nd season. The terms of the agreement, which includes a licensing fee that’s slightly reduced from what the network paid under the last renewal, reflect the reality of the shifting economics around the show.)

There’s a full breakdown on the “shifting economics” here, but basically, The Simpsons is a “loss leader” for the Fox Broadcasting Company, but the show does well for 20th Century Fox Television, which is about to be owned by Disney. That makes things, from syndication rights to streaming deals, very complicated, “If The Simpsons were to end its run on Fox with its 32nd season, that would free Disney to negotiate a new deal or deals covering broadcast, cable, and streaming that would potentially dwarf the $750 million paid by FX,” Variety reports. Disney may also choose to end the show, but The Simpsons is an institution; it looks good in the company’s portfolio, alongside Marvel and Pixar. Or as media consulate Brad Adgate put it, “When the show ends, I would think that it will be because the creators of the show and the producers don’t want to do it anymore, not because two media conglomerates got together.”

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

wow

16. Jake Gyllenhaal

Have no fear, they got stories for years

Richter915 likes this.
  17. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Richter915 likes this.
  18. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Renewed for 31 & 32

19. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I totally read that in that flat voice that the real people that aren't actors always use on this show

incognitojones likes this.
  20. Jake Gyllenhaal

How come on Frinkiac it's only giving you Futurama screen grabs?

21. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

The Megan Amram episode was legitimately good and maybe the most I've liked a non golden era episode. The writing and jokes were just so consistent, no major swings or gimmicks, just solid all through.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I loved how she put her own spin on it, Sideshow Leonard Cohen killed me

incognitojones likes this.
  23. Jake Gyllenhaal

24. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

25. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Can’t be any worse than the FX Now app