Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Simpsons (Fox) TV Show • Page 17

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Serh, Mar 7, 2016.

1. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

Peak is 3-8, 1 2 9 also very strong

2. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Wasn't it already confirmed that season 30 was gonna be the last?

Or was that just a beautiful dream I had?

3. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

you know what i dont understand... or for that matter, what I cant stand. This humongous community of people that constantly have to remind everyone that season 3-8 is great and everything else is shit. I've never seen anything like it. There could be the smallest post about the simpsons. It could be anything.. it could be a post on facebook, or a news article, or a song, or a poster, and sure enough EVERY SINGLE TIME there's some sort of ass comment about how "show hasn't been good snce season 8".

Like, get off it. The show's been on 20 YEARS since the "golden era" and this might shock people, but there are people that still really enjoy it. It's ANNOYING! That's the word I use to describe it.

I'm not going to pretend that the show is at its prime, and yes, the consistency isn't there anymore, but there are easily 1-3 great episodes per season. I cant even pretend that I watch the show religiously anymore, but whenever I get a chance i pop on some newer episodes, and once in a whle im like 'damn that was actually pretty great'. Helll, the movie was one of the greatest moments of my life (eh maybe top 100 moments).

It's like the show still existing is bothering people THAT much.

this isnt pointed at anyone in here by the way... it's everywhere. youtube, facebook, etc etc.

4. Philll

Trusted

Yeah, i get your frustration. And I am sometimes one of those 'golden era' folks. I think with a show like The Simpsons it's hard to overstate just what an impact this show had 20 years ago, I think we lose sight of that over time. For many people (I might count myself here) seasons 3-8 don't just represent the best of the simpsons, but the best tv ever made full stop. When a show has meant that much to someone it can be hard to see such a deterioration in quality.

And we see this kind of thing all the time with music - so and so hasn't released a good album in x years, I miss when they sounded like this. Everyone carries those kinds of opinions.

It's an unfortunate human trait of ours that past highs get exalted beyond criticism while we compare everything since unfavourably.

5. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Halfway through S2 and I'm already in love with this show more than I ever thought I would be. Super excited to keep going.

Richter915 likes this.
  7. Philll

Trusted

Ho boy, just you wait

8. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

One of the better latter season episodes was "coming to homerica". Season 20 I think?

I'm sure there are tons but I just never get the time to sit and appreciate the newer seasons.

9. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Oh, I know. I've heard multiple people whose opinions I highly respect describe some future episodes/seasons as "a masterpiece"

Philll likes this.
  10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

4-6 usually seen as tops, right?

11. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I've mostly seen people say 3 to 8 but whatever

12. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I wish Netflix would get all the old seasons. Or even just up to 8 or 9.

13. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

I keep fighting for 2, but 3 to the New York City episode is generally the golden era

14. Surfwax

bring on the major leagues Supporter

I have most of the golden era dvds and wanted to complete the collection. Do I need season 9?

15. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Season 9 is still pretty damn funny.

16. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

9-12/13 have some gems but you can tell how different the humor is. I do love the absurdity that gets injected in to that batch of seasons. The fake Gremlin Christmas movie that they show in the ep where the kids are locked in the school is fantastic

Richter915 and incognitojones like this.
  17. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Let's not forget the NSYNC episode.

"What if we called it, Everybody Hates Raymond?! Well we stayed up all night to think of it but it was worth it."

18. Philll

Trusted

My knowledge of the show really gets ropey after about season 10, but I'm sure there's episodes in at least season 15 that I've enjoyed.

Season 9 is where the cracks begin to show but I would hear out anyone who wants to argue that any season up til that point is the best.

19. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I argue that the show is at least watchable for me through season 16. Maybe 10 or 12 good episodes a season. But then after that it drops to like 2 or 3 a season pretty much from 17 - 28.

19-21 are okay too actually.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  20. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

"That's right, lieutenant LT Smash". Gets me every time.

Kingjohn_654, cubsml34 and Philll like this.
  21. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

Lol the Christmas that almost wasn't...but then was.

Also the line "quick nibbles, chew through my ball sack". And when homer hits something while driving with Flanders "homer we hit something" "hah I hope it was stupid Flanders...hey look you're all right"

And the ranch dressing hose haha.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Season 16 has one of my favorite episodes, the Liam Neeson episode

Kingjohn_654 and JRGComedy like this.
  23. Philll

Trusted

"Its a three pronged attack: subliminal, liminal and superliminal"

So many great lines in that episode.

24. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

"Now we have to send THEM a fruit basket."

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. flask

Trusted Supporter

The NSYNC episode was actually the first episode I ever watched. My parents wouldn't let me watch the Simpsons but my sister was a die hard NSYNC fan so they let us know watch that episode. Crazy how that feels like a "new" episode and it's already 15 years old.

Kingjohn_654 and cubsml34 like this.