Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Sidekicks - Happiness Hours (May 18, 2018) Album • Page 9

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

I played Awkward Breeds into the ground but was pretty lukewarm on about half of Runners. I am LOVING this though. Don't Feel Like Dancing, Medium in the Middle (that little mid-verse riff!), and Serpent in a Sun Drought are all phenomenal.

Collin Skeen likes this.
  2. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Serpent is prob my least favorite

Collin Skeen likes this.
  3. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

Don’t Feel Like Dancing is sooooo good

Along with the whole album. Might be my favorite of theirs.

Collin Skeen, Drewski and Aaron Mook like this.
  4. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

This album fucking rules. Runners wasn’t an immediate record for me whatsoever but everything about this is hitting all the right spots for me from first listen. Love Agnello’s work on this too, way prefer it to the production approach of Runners.

Collin Skeen and jordalsh like this.
  5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

this record is very much starting to stick with me now

Collin Skeen likes this.
  6. Runners still means so much to me, I wish other people felt the connection to it I do, but then again, it was a record I wasn't expecting from a band I'd never heard. And this record is wonderful as well

Collin Skeen likes this.
  7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

i like runners more than anything else i've heard of theirs. this could surpass it

Collin Skeen likes this.
  8. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Feels like I won’t be able to properly compare my feelings on the two for, I don’t know, a year or so. Runners is an all-time favorite of mine, but it became so slowly over a long period of time. This new one is fantastic though, and, like Runners, I can sense that I’ll be listening to it a whole, whole lot.

Closer is definitely one of my favorite songs this year.

Collin Skeen likes this.
  9. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

Runners is an all time fav for me

but so is this probably, gonna have to wait and see

Collin Skeen likes this.
  10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Really surprised so many people connect/like Runners more than Awkward Breeds and Weight of Air.

I love Runners but I don't think it competes with either

Collin Skeen likes this.
  11. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

I got into them thru Awkward Breeds (around the time of that triple tour with Menzos and the band who shall not be named) and I loved a few songs on it but it wasn’t a huge fav. After Runners came out I went back and connected with it more and also w/ Weight of Air. But I do think they really found/perfected their sound on Runners.

Collin Skeen likes this.
  12. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

Does this album give off strong OTIP vibes for anyone else?

Collin Skeen likes this.
  13. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

This is starting to sink in, love love love the front half, to the point where I usually don’t go past weed tent. That’ll likely change. Haven’t seen it brought up much but I think mix for rainy day is one of their best tracks.

still unsure about some of the vocal melodies, slightly clunky here and there (my biggest problem w the second half), but lyrically this thing is a stunner, between those and the interludes/shorter tracks, this record just feels very cared for

Collin Skeen likes this.
  14. Collin Skeen

Regular

the chorus of Serpent in a Sun Drought has been in my head for days but it keeps coming out as Satan in a Sundress

nfdv2 likes this.
  15. Collin Skeen

Regular

I like pre-Awkward Breeds stuff but none of it has ever hit me the way the last three albums have. Runners is a beautiful, sad record.

The end of the bridge in Rainy Day is one of my favorite moments on the album

Actually, add the end of the choruses in Mix for Rainy Day to that list too

JaytotheGee likes this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I think the reason I connect with this so much only after three listens is because it actually reminds me a lot of Weatherbox at times. Specifically Flies era.

Aaron Mook and nfdv2 like this.
  17. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

I had that exact thought listening to this yesterday. Something about the vocals in the closer reminded me of Weatherbox.

Aaron Mook and local_corn like this.
  18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The closer and Medium in the Middle remind me a lot of Brian.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. Signifire

The closer honestly reminds me a lot of Bo Burnham

20. But good?

cwhit likes this.
  21. Signifire

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

I miss Wbox