Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread Genre • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Mar 27, 2016.

1. h8bit Aug 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 3, 2016)
    h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

ChicagoBowls and Aaron Mook like this.
  2. ChicagoBowls

!!!!

Check out Slow Bloom on bandcamp and see if you like that.

kyle likes this.
  3. It's here! For anyone who enjoyed our debut single, "Sunflowers" (featured above), our full EP has been released today for stream and pay-what-you-want on Bandcamp along with Apple Music, Spotify, Google Play and Amazon Prime.

Bandcamp: Hypnausea, by Flower Crown
    Facebook: 需要安全验证
    Twitter: @flwrcrwnband

"The idea behind 'Hypnausea' was to create something dreamy, something lush, and something warm in tone to match the winding down of the summer heat and to welcome back the brisk fall weather. We had a great time recording the album, and we'd love if you shared your thoughts with us and this EP with your friends.

Once again, a special thanks goes out to Jake Jenkins for mastering the album, to Mike Iverson for providing us with wonderful album artwork, and to Wes Meadows for releasing this on his label (Flowerpot Records) and helping us fund some very cool, limited edition lathe-cut records. If you like what you hear and are interested in purchasing one of those records, you can do so on our Bandcamp page.

Thank you endlessly. Play it loud."

4. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

The Kindling album is out now and it's excellent as expected.

5. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

I totally forgot about this coming out, thanks for the reminder!

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

7. SilverScreen

Nihil Nihil

I burnt out on shoegaze a few years ago and stopped listening to newer bands, with the exception of A Sunny Day in Glasgow, Pinkshinyultrablast and True Widow. You get to a point where you feel like you've heard everything.

However I couldn't help but treat myself to this earlier in the year:
    [​IMG]
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01891FQIW/?tag=absolutepunk-20

Five discs of classic shoegaze bliss. A lot of the material I was already familiar with. But there were so many rare gems that never appeared on my radar before.

8. sean_rugy

select all delete Prestigious

the Trailer Park Boys sample at the start of cash out put the biggest smile on my face.

9. cherrywaves

Trusted

Know who I miss? Amusement Parks on Fire. That was an awesome band

local_corn likes this.
  10. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

Is Nowhere maybe the best album from this genre? It hard to say

11. cherrywaves

Trusted

Fam that's not even Ride's best album

12. Not strictly shoegaze, but I've been listening to a ton of Yo La Tengo records lately

13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Been meaning to get into that band

14. Start with I Can Hear The Heart Beating As One and then move onto Painful. But not until you've listened to Father John Misty and Mac DeMarco and we talk about them. Thank me later B-)

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  15. Leftandleaving

Oops. Yep. Gotta get on that haha..

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. Do it nowww at least a few songs from each for chissakes

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  17. Leftandleaving

When I'm finished writing I promise I will

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. do you want me to give you a brief selection from each

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  19. Leftandleaving

Sure, go for it

20. Aaron Mook Sep 7, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 7, 2016)
    father john misty: "hollywood forever cemetary sings," "nancy from now on," "chateau lobby #4 (in c for two virgins)," "i love you, honeybear," and "the night josh tillman came to our apartment"

mac demarco: "dreaming," "my kind of woman," "salad days," "passing out pieces," "no other heart"

this selection of songs will only take you 32 minutes to listen to. pls let me know what you think

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  21. EngineDown

formerly known as chill yoshi

Well they only have one other good album (it's very good) so I'll let this slide, as long as the answer isn't carnival of light or tarantula

22. cherrywaves

Trusted

I haven't heard either of those tbh but yeah totally a Going Blank Again guy.

"I Don't Know Where It Comes From" is a pretty tight song though

23. Leftandleaving

So before I saw these I actually checked out a couple FJM songs - Holy Shit and Bored in the USA. And sold. They were great. I should've listened to you.

I'm gonna get on those Mac songs rn

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. Yeah, FJM is amazing and those two songs are actually two of my least favorites from that album haha

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  25. partyscene

my holy ghost is hovering over me

Any good dream pop record this year?