Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread Genre • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by DarkHotline, Mar 27, 2016.

1. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

@cwhit I wrote a disclaimer in the OP about Whirr and Nothing, hopefully that helps.

2. DarkHotline

If you haven't listen to School of Seven Bells' last record, you should. Such a good record, best swan song for that band to go out on.

coleslawed likes this.
  3. StepsInADance

so much for them! Prestigious

has anyone heard the new pinkshinyultrablast. didnt even realize they put a new record out and i loved everything else matters

Cameron likes this.
  4. hauspunk

Regular

here for it

5. hauspunk

Regular

it sucks

6. down 2 shoegaze

who likes Kinoko Teikoku

7. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

Always down for some dreampop

DarkHotline likes this.
  8. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

listen 2 Lunch Ladies, really good shoegazey/dream poppy stuff from the NJ shore, check em out
    Demos, by Lunch Ladies

h8bit likes this.
  9. DarkHotline

10. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Silversun Pickups FTW

11. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

I catch you napping is like my favorite song this year

12. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I had someone listen to the latest album from Pianos Become The Teeth and they described the album as shoegaze. My knowledge of what is and isn't shoegaze is slim to none.

13. DarkHotline

More the reason to post in here! There ought to be a essential list of shoegaze records in the OP. @hauspunk, @cwhit, care to help out with that?

14. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

This is probably why I took interest in this thread. To help expand my knowledge on the genre. Any and all recommendations are welcomed.

15. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

there are a few locals that are doing really cool stuff
    ambient, bedroom-y dream pop
    emo shoegaze nerds

also, Toro y Moi, Kye Kye, Pity Sex, DIIV, and Beach Fossils are some of my favs

sean_rugy, h8bit and DarkHotline like this.
  16. DarkHotline

Really loving Long Beard, she have anything else worth looking into, @mgiannotti?

17. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

Been listening to this song recently but can't find it on any streaming sites, itunes or even any of his pages

18. DarkHotline

I have yet to watch Teen Wolf.

19. ryan.conde

Who is Ryan? Prestigious

It's a mess as of lately so you're not missing much, I usually only watch for the guys and even that hasn't been a strong enough draw for me to catch up on this latest season

Awksome likes this.
  20. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

I'm not the most knowledgeable (@Sophos would prob do better) but at the very least j can help gather some names

21. h8bit

@ghastlyfeline Prestigious

Been listening to a buuuunch of Long Beard lately. Really awesome stuff. Hope we hear that Pity Sex album sooner rather than later, probably my most anticipated album right now.

22. mgiannotti

edge mike Supporter

@DarkHotline thats the only thing she's done so far, to my knowledge

23. Gooddayz

always and forever

Have y'all ever heard of Pale Saints? They're another good shoegaze/dream pop from the early 90s

24. Sophos

Regular

i used to have a whole spotify playlist of all kinds of bands. ride, coctaeu twins, slowdive, a sunny day in glasgow, diiv, m83, mew, my blood valentine, the jesus and mary chain, alcest, swervedriver, prob some others im forgetting plus metal bands

25. Gooddayz

always and forever

Diiv's new album is great. I thought an hour might be pushing it, but it flowed nicely