Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Shape Of Water (Guillermo Del Toro, December 8,2017) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jul 15, 2017.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

The film stars Sally Hawkins, Michael Shannon, Richard Jenkins, Doug Jones, Lauren Lee Smith, Michael Stuhlbarg, and Octavia Spencer

imagine it will be online in the not too distant future, it looks great

Raku likes this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

PSA: Don't watch this trailer if you have any interest in seeing the film. Saw it before Apes, it's spoiler-heavy.

Raku and suicidesaints like this.
  3. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't realize he already had something coming out. I didn't like Crimson Peak or Pacific Rim much at all but I'll always be curious what he's up to.

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Is this connected at all to Hellboy? The creature looked very similar to Abe is why I ask.[\spoiler]

Raku and coleslawed like this.
  5. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Raku and fenway89 like this.
  6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

definitely looking forward to this

7. coleslawed Jul 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 21, 2017)
    coleslawed

Eat Pizza

he also enjoys eggs, too.
    very much looking forward to this.

8. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Looks great but yeah, that trailer seems to show way too much.

Raku likes this.
  9. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Saw the trailer before Apes, and it just shot to my most anticipated movie of the year. Looks AMAZING.

I know the trailer gives too much plot away, but I don't think it's anything you wouldn't expect given the story and I've already forgotten a bunch of it. I won't watch the trailer again and it'll mostly fade by December.

Raku and coleslawed like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Getting phenomenal reviews out of Venice

Raku, fenway89 and stayillogical like this.
  11. Good to hear. The trailer didn't get me too excited, but I'm hopeful because it's GDT.

jkauf likes this.
  12. flask

Trusted Supporter

I love his artist statement for the movie.

I saw his museum exhibit last year and it's clear he just oozes creativity and storytelling.

13. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Even though I haven't loved his last couple films, I still love hearing him speak or reading his writing on film, whether his own or others. I saw him speak on 6 Bunuel films last year and it was one of the highlights of that year.

His museum exhibition is opening here at the end of September and I'm very eager to check it out. I also think this looks like his best movie in a while.

fenway89, awakeohsleeper and jkauf like this.
  14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I think it was Cronos where his dvd commentary was so funny and captivating, maybe Pan's but yeah he's delightful

15. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Del Toro is a genuinely wonderful human being, and it's what made his last few films being meh at best be such a bummer. Reallllllllly excited to see this.

jkauf and awakeohsleeper like this.
  16. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Pan's Labyrinth is still my favourite film.

fenway89 and coleslawed like this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I liked Pan's Labrynth a lot when I first saw it, but imo it doesn't hold up. Just saw Crimson Peak last month, and overall I liked it. Though a lot of parts felt rushed. The ending esp I didn't really care what happened to any of the characters. Pacific Rim gets a lot of hate for the dialogue, but it's a very fun action movie.

Very hopeful for this.

Raku likes this.
  18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

What does "doesn't hold up" mean to you? I know that could mean different things to different people.

19. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

I would say Pan's Labyrinth holds up almost shockingly well.

20. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Pan's Labyrinth is a classic to me.

21. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just my opinion. One of the things I loved about Pans when I first saw it was the relationship between the main housemaiden, and the protagonist. The dialogue, and the way she looked out for her under the rule of the antagonist was really intriguing to me. When I rewatched it a couple years ago that's all that stood out to me again. The practical effects are awesome, and I still think it's a good movie. It's just I was willing to call it one of the most interesting films ever when I first saw it, and my hype just died down I guess. I was also a lot younger when I first saw it. That's all. Not calling it a bad movie by any means. The Hellboy movies are probably still my favorite Del Toro

Raku likes this.
  22. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Thanks for responding. I was just intrigued which part (or whether all of it) didn't hold up.

Think for me the gothic mythical element coupled with a historic backdrop really hits the spot. And I love foreign language films.

fenway89 and coleslawed like this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

won the Golden Lion at Venice!

Raku, awakeohsleeper and brandon_260 like this.
  24. flask

Trusted Supporter

Woooooooow

Raku likes this.
  25. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Sick

Raku likes this.