Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Secret Life of Pets (Louis CK, Kevin Hart, 2016) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by suicidesaints, Jul 11, 2016.

1. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Didn't see a thread for this. I thought it was really enjoyable. Anyone else see/like this?

2. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

I saw it last week haha. I thought it was enjoyable but thought the film did start to lose its charm about an hour in or so. Don't get me wrong I liked the film no doubt, but it just sort of wore off I guess. However, Kevin Hart did an excellent job as Snowball, easily the most enjoyable character out of the lost. A close second is Albert Brooks as the hawk.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  3. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I enjoyed it too , the casting was really well done

The everybody's going to Brooklyn joke was my favorite

4. mescalineeyes

ASHAMED (OF BEING BORN) Prestigious

can't wait to see this. I'll watch anything with Jenny Slate.

marceting and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  5. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Saw it last night. Definitely was the case for me as well. Was a little disappointed that a lot of the funniest parts of the movie had already been showcased in the trailer that was aired so many times. Still enjoyed it though.

6. jdr2187

jdr2187

Did not really enjoy this. Thought it was one of the more disappointing hyped up animated films released recently.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. This had its moments, and the casting was great, but overall I do think it was pretty mediocre

8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

To the people who didn't really like this, do you have dogs/cats?

9. jdr2187

jdr2187

I have a retired racing greyhound at home, but no cat currently. Sure I thought some of the little clever jokes about weird things pets do were funny, but they used most of them in the first 5 to 10 minutes, and it just wasn't enough to save what I thought wasn't a very good story overall.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Fair enough. I was just curious. I agree that the story was kinda thin, but I think I was in a good enough mood and went in wanting to like it, so I wound up enjoying the movie quite a bit.

11. I think my fiancee was a little disappointed too (she's a huge animal person), but she laughed a lot harder than I did and that was nice at least

12. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

This was pretty disappointing/bad.

13. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Heard this borrowed a lot from Toy Story

14. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

That just reminded me how much I hated this.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, this sucked. The only way it wasn't seen as bad was because it was preceded by the God-awful "Minions" short.

17. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Smoking a lot of weed and being obsessed with cats might have something to do with it but I loved this movie

18. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah I guess I just love my dogs and weed, but I enjoyed this.

Joel likes this.
  19. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, this was terrible. I don't get out to the theaters much anymore, but back when this was out, we got a baby sitter because my wife wanted to see it (she never wants to see movies - I always pick); and we both walked out like "what the hell was that?" I thought it was terrible, nothing about it was good. I get some of the pet stereotypes were funny, but not enough for a full length movie. This would have made a really good short.

jkauf, Aaron Mook and Davjs like this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

Movie should have been more of pets rocking out to System of a Down in their house than their whacky city adventure.

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Saw the second one. It’s even worse and weirdly conservative.

22. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

dear god, this sequel is garbage. any good ideas with it begin and end with replacing the jackoff with someone else

23. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

only watched because a. it was on netflix and only about an hour and a half b. morbid curiosity and c. someone i know who also disliked the first one said this was pretty good