Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Secret in Shipping: Fake Boxes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

A bike company in Amsterdam has a pretty genius way of making sure that when they shipped their product it got to their customers in good shape:

Since we started shipping bikes eight years ago, here at VanMoof we’ve struggled to find shipping partners that give our bikes the same obsessive love and care that we do.

Trust us, we’ve tried them all.

The big ones.
    The niche ones.
    The expensive ones.
    The start-up-ey ones.

Yet no matter who was doing the shipping, too many of our bikes arrived looking like they’d been through a metal-munching combine harvester. It was getting expensive for us, and bloody annoying for our customers.

2. transrebel59 Sep 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 28, 2016)
    transrebel59

Regular

I'm pretty curious about the original boxes they were shipping and how the bikes were actually packaged. TVs are typically shipped in boxes where they are completely stabilized inside the box and can't move at all during shipping.

Edit: Yeah, there's an unboxing video on YouTube prior to them doing this and there is no bubble wrap or anything to protect it during shipping.

3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I really wanted this article to end with them just having somebody ride the already put together bike to the buyer

coleslawed likes this.
  4. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

This is actually really interesting, and genius.

5. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I just came back from my first trip to Amsterdam and had a revelation about their way of life. EVERYONE bikes around the city; there's hardly any cars on the road. The people all seem very joyous and at peace. Then I come back home to all of the negative energy that consumes us here. We should take a page out of their book.

Jason Tate, coleslawed and mattav152 like this.
  6. AngryMan

Regular

Great idea, but is anyone else annoyed by the grammatically incorrect poem on the side of the box?

We like bikes
    and we like you
    and the rest of the world
    to ride bikes
    and like them too

7. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

just needs a "'d" on the second "we"

AngryMan likes this.