Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Scream Franchise

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by therookielot, Dec 30, 2016.

1. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

Probably my favorite collection of movies. The TV series is fun as well. I enjoy how self-aware it is. Anyone else a fan?

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  2. I like the first one.

3. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Like/love all of them but the third one. Only watched the first season of the show and thought it was horrendous.

4. therookielot

Yeah it kinda reminded me of The OC meets a horror movie. They've surprised me with the twist both times tho. I think my fav. of the films is the fourth one for Emma Roberts reasons. The third one kinda jumped the shark with the twist at the end, but it was like a movie inside of a movie inside of a movie so I enjoyed it.

5. mike1885

Trusted Supporter

The first one is one of my favorite movies of all time. I remember my friend's dad taking us to go see it in the theater 20 years ago. I became obsessed with the series for a few years after that.

They definitely decreased in quality as the series progressed. Scream 2 was really good, 3 was decent, and 4 I only saw once but don't remember thinking too much of it.

I know they went the TV route, but I'm surprised they haven't announced any sort of remake yet. I'm sure it'll come eventually.

therookielot likes this.
  6. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I think the first is one of the most brilliant and well made slashers of all time. Definitely one of my favourite movies.

I'm not sure I can think of a way they could have done a sequel any better than they did. Scream 2 didn't break any new ground, but it played perfectly on the ground already broken by the first film.

I haven't revisited the third one in a long time, but I remember feeling that it was a little too "Scooby Doo ". Still fun, but seemed to take place in a different world than those first two movies.

I wish Scream 4 had ended about 15 minutes earlier, but I thought it did a great job of going back to the tone established in the first two films, and I thought all the new characters were really well cast. I didn't like that a lot of the kills felt so unnecessary (something the original managed to avoid except for one scene) but by the time things start heating up in the third act, I was fully invested.

Haven't checked out the TV show at all. The lack of Williamson and Craven involvement sort of puts me off

therookielot likes this.
  7. therookielot

Craven was a producer on the series

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

When does the last season of the tv show start?

9. RonandTammy

Regular

Saw the first one in theaters. Second one is on par with the first, third started to lose me, fourth left me abandoned.

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

therookielot likes this.
  11. therookielot

12. RonandTammy

Regular

Loved these damn movies, watched the first one in theaters. #Deweyisthethirdkiller

13. TedSchmosby

Trusted

God damn do I wish I was around to see the first movie in theaters where it came out. I can't even imagine how cool that woulda been

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Are they not finishing the story out? Not that it was good anyway.

15. RonandTammy

Regular

I was 12. haha.

16. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I was 14 when I saw Scream 4 at the theatre and that was still pretty rad

17. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I was in the seventh grade when the first one came out and I was real jealous of certain kids in my grade who got to see it in theaters. I would only get to see them once they got released on video. I did see Scream 4 in theaters

TedSchmosby likes this.
  18. RonandTammy

Regular

My dad took me to the first one, and he walked out when Drew Barrymore was swinging from the tree. I honestly don't remember if I went home after that or what happened exactly. But he didn't like gory stuff.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

When I watched them at home for the first time, it was always with my mom, haha... she didn't seem to mind

20. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I had watched Scary Movie so many times before I got around to actually watching Scream for the first time when I was 10 or so. It took a little while for me to be able to take Ghostface seriously and not expect him to take a couple bong rips but my love for Scream eventually managed to trump my love for Scary Movie

21. Went on my friends’ podcast to talk all things scream! I haven’t heard the episode yet but we recorded for like 3 hours and Inthia was very over Robert and i quoting and doing hand gestures all night. Enjoy, if you like pods!

therookielot likes this.
  22. Mcrx

Regular

Just had a Scream movie marathon this weekend. Finally saw Scream4. I enjoy them, but yeah, after seeing the Scary movie franchise, I just mostly laugh at these movies too. Lol

David Parke likes this.
  23. Mcrx

Regular

Hehe I was probably in 7th grade when the first one came out too! Didn't hear of the movies till the second one came out. Saw the third one in theatres. Lost track and then, as I said above, didn't see 4 until tonight.

24. Kuri44

25. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Yezzz please

Mcrx and Dirty Sanchez like this.