Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Roots Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by PauLo, Feb 10, 2020.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

totally understood. Extremely interested to hear the three Portugal. the Man collabs though. Hoping it's newly created with them other than just samples of their music

2. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

33 Musicians On Why They’re Voting in the 2020 Election

Black Thought:

mike1885 and Rowan5215 like this.
  3. PauLo Oct 15, 2020
    (Last edited: Oct 15, 2020)
    PauLo

43% Burnt

Talking of Black Thought, Vol. 3 of his Streams of Thought series is finally getting released tomorrow.

mike1885 and Rowan5215 like this.
  4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

so excited, been eagerly anticipating this

5. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I just saw this thread pop up and I immediately thought "Man, The Roots are so good, I'm so thankful they exist", so I figured I'd share

irthesteve and PauLo like this.
  6. Rowan5215

it's out y'all!

irthesteve likes this.
  7. Rowan5215

this album is so dope, the production is a bit of a shift from the first two volumes, but he mixes all these different styles so damn well

and "State Prisoner" is the hardest shit I've heard all year

8. PauLo

43% Burnt

Yeah, it's really bloody good. The second track with Portugal The Man is a bit eh, but the rest is solid.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  9. Rowan5215

I actually love that track but I'm sure I'll be the minority there

Thought's singing voice is lowkey super nice

10. PauLo

43% Burnt

I was sceptical when I first saw that they were involved. But the other two tracks with them are great. Its just Nature of The Beast that didn't do much for me. BT is great on it, just thought the beat was a bit weak.

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

full concert from Save Our Stages Fest

12. Rowan5215

I've been listening to all three volumes of Streams on a loop for like two days straight. I need help

13. PauLo

43% Burnt

14. Rowan5215

didn't know that was getting a reissue, nice

"I Remain Calm" is a perfect song

15. PauLo

43% Burnt

Listening to Game Theory at the mo. Man, I wish it clicked with me more. There's some great moments on it, but there are also moments I don't really get on with, but can't really pinpoint what it is about them.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  16. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I still remember the first time I heard it. I specifically remember sitting in the backseat after a day's work at the family restaurant with my headphones on (I had just bought the CD after my shift with tip money), my mom driving up the entry of one of the big Amsterdam freeways, looking over the city, as "Long Times" comes on. I get goosebumps just thinking about it. I fucking adore that album. "Long Time" and "Can't Stop" this are two of my favorite songs of all time.

17. PauLo

43% Burnt

Man, I miss that feeling of ripping the plastic wrapping off a CD, putting it in the CD player and listening to it for the first time whilst reading the liner notes.

I think the last 4 are probably my favourites from the whole album. Definitely prefer the back half to the front half.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  18. PauLo

43% Burnt

19. PauLo

43% Burnt

Ah man. First Malik, now Hub. I know the relationship between him and the band broke down after he left, but he still contributed to some of their best albums. RIP.