Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Rocket Summer Share Album Update

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Bryce Avary of The Rocket Summer has shared an update on new music.

I started writing for a new album after the conclusion of the UK tour a little over a year ago. I wrote and wrote and recorded virtually every single day for months. It was thrilling. It was therapy. The songs become your friends and the melodies help you find peace and hope in the quiet & dim, painful & confusing places of life, places that if I'm being honest I have found myself in much more than I'd like over the last few years. Penning words & melodies, then picking up different instruments around a room as tools for building songs all to then hear them come to life is something that brings me unbelievable joy. It's where I start to feel a deeper sense of purpose. So naturally, I just simply kept writing until I found I was buried in songs. I thought I had finished recording most of the album so I went on tour last summer and proclaimed from the stage night after night that my new album was almost done. The cheers were rad. It felt great. And then more songs were born... a lot more. Songs that I simply had to chase. So... sike. My apologies. Thank you for your patience. I'm always told this is a good problem to have, but at a certain point it actually is a problem. So on Christmas Eve a few weeks back, I made myself shut off all of my mic pre-amplifers, unplug all of the condenser, ribbon and dynamic microphones around my studio, power down all of the synthesizers and move my guitars & drums outside of arms reach so that I would make myself... stop. And on Jan 2, I started sifting through the mountain of songs and am now finally M I X I N G this new album. I have to say the way it's sounding is making me smile real big. I'm very proud of it and can't wait for it to be ours and not just this thing only I know about. All of the plans are beginning to be set in motion for when that will be. Thanks again for patience and for listening. Thanks for being a part of this. You mean a lot to me.

2. Kuri44

Sweet, was just thinking about him the other day. Looooved Life Will Write The Words

ilikedesigning and CMilliken like this.
  3. CMilliken

Trusted

Always look forward to new stuff from Bryce.

4. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Somehow TRS came on my HomePod the other day and we just went with it... baby was loving the music, so why not. Excited for new material, but haven't been a fan for a couple albums.