Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Rocket Summer – “Gone Too Long”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Spenny

Regular

Haven't listened to much of his recent work, but really not digging this.

3. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

I highly recommend Zoetic.

CMilliken likes this.
  4. Spenny

Regular

Thanks for the recommendation, will try to check it out this weekend. Do You Feel remains one of my favourite albums of the mid-2000s. Of Men and Angels + Hello, Good Friend both had a few solid tracks, but couldn't come close to comparing. I just looked up Zoetic and it looks like it got some good reviews, so hopefully I enjoy it :)

5. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

I'd definitely listen to it as an album all the way through a few times. Strip away anything you've heard from Bryce before and I think you'll see how incredible it is. Also, not sure if you know but he's doing a DYF tour throughout July-August.

6. Spenny

Regular

Will do!

And no, didn't realize - thanks for sharing! But not surprising that the tour is skipping Vancouver, lots of smaller bands don't bother making the trip up even though we aren't that far from Seattle. Unfortunately doesn't look like I'll get to go - I work til 5:30PM on the day of the Seattle show so doubt I would make it down on time. Boo!

7. studskalny

I met the devil and I stared her in the eyes

TRS is a select band, along with JEW and a few others, that can make me feel nostalgic as all hell when I listen to a certain album or two. This definitely seems to be in the 'Zoetic' realm. Not really blown away or anything but it's dece.

JoshRaptorTire likes this.
  8. JoshRaptorTire

My Dinosaur Life

I love everything he does but man I miss him and his piano on his recent efforts. His ballads are flawless. Digging the song tho will be jamming the next few weeks.

9. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

That was the biggest letdown of the decade.

10. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Eh. Not a fan of this one.

11. chcougar1

Trusted

lol maybe not decade, but definitely wasn’t expecting that with his consistency and style of previous albums.

12. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

Any specifics?