Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Righteous Gemstones (HBO) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, May 2, 2019.

1. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

YES

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Lol Jody Hill is the long haired dude in Jesse's crew too. I completely missed that

Ken likes this.
  3. razorburn

Trusted

The goth rave killed me.

Ken likes this.
  4. shea

RIP Supporter

“Water squirt emoji means cum, Chad!” had me fucking rolling. I love this show.

Ken likes this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Adam Devine is so fucking funny, I don't know how him trying to jump over a short fence made me laugh so hard

6. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

This was probably my favorite episode so far.

Car pranks.

Anthony_ likes this.
  7. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

"Some people I do car pranks with" lol

8. Ken

entrusted Prestigious

I got the power of God in me, son... and I will fuck you up.

GrantCloud, Anthony_ and bodkins like this.
  9. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Been rewatching Vice Principals in between the episodes of this and oh how I wish these shows would and would have run forever.

shea and Ken like this.
  10. Anthony_

I'm wondering where this is going to go in a second season. I was under the impression it was another limited series like Vice Principals. Excited for more of it though, obviously, I trust McBride completely.

Ken likes this.
  11. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

VP had a second season, and I think this will go the same route. I don’t see them dragging out these storylines for very long, nor do I think the audience would be fully engaged for much longer than that. I’d take a solid two seasons.

Ken likes this.
  12. Anthony_

VP was planned from the beginning to have 18 total episodes spread out across two years. It wasn't so much a "second season" as it was Part 1 and Part 2. They shot the whole thing at the same time and then split it up later. That isn't what's happening here.

13. bodkins

Trusted

This show can go plenty. The rise, fall, and rise again of megachurch pastors lends a long runway of story they can explore.

14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

McBride specifically said he wants this to be a longer running show

bodkins likes this.
  15. bodkins

Trusted

I play with a band based out of Charleston SC (where this shoots). Opening shot of the guitarist walking through the hall in tonight’s episode is my band mate haha.

sawhney[rusted]2 and riotspray like this.
  16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Absolutely loved this one. Is it really possible for Walton Goggins to be MVP of two separate Danny McBride shows?

Goodman's delivery of "Is she talking about her private parts?" absolutely killed me, although his young CGI throughout was kind of distracting

17. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

was not a fan of this episode and I had a feeling I wouldnt be as soon as I saw the preview for it. Goggins is gold still though

18. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I didn’t think I’d be down with a flashback episode like this but it was great. The kid actors were super funny.

bodkins likes this.
  19. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

Goodman’s character is fascinating. Everyone else is such a blatant self centered materialistic fraud, but he seems to have some sense of general morality, or at least is able to separate the fraud of his business with his own personal life. And from the most recent ep he seems more than aware that the lifestyle he’s cultivated for his family is poisonous but does absolutely nothing to try to stop or minimize it

20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, this was an incredible episode for him.

21. bodkins

Trusted

Really enjoyed this as well. I’d be down for more flashback episodes, kid actors were great.

22. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I have that ‘Misbehavin’ song stuck in my head now and I ain’t mad about it.

Brent, Matt, Slangster and 1 other person like this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Uncle Baby Billy is such a silly phrase haha

I imagine we'll learn about Aimee-Leigh's death at some point

Anthony_, Ken and GrantCloud like this.
  24. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

“i like watching jesse get in trouble. it makes my bird twitch”

i’m D E A D

Matt and bodkins like this.
  25. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious