Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Riff Raff News Is Just an Excuse to Write About Waterparks

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Riff Raff would like to collaborate with Waterparks. Speaking of Waterparks, I must not have been paying attention to the band’s song ”Little Violence” when I listened to it a few months back, because I totally missed this part:

I wanna be a sellout just to piss y’all off
    While absolutepunk’s sucking off beard-punk songs
    Maybe if we’re lucky we’ll get a review
    And if that goes well, maybe a feature too

This is pretty funny. I do love me some beard-punk.

studskalny, Connor, Contender and 2 others like this.
  2. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

GUYS WE'RE FAMOUS. Also, I'm offended they called it beard punk. It's a natural facial shield, the term "beard" is offensive.

3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

This is prettyyy funny :crylaugh:

4. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

TIL what beard punk is

Brent and Turkeylegz like this.
  5. Turkeylegz

Trusted

Hahaha. I actually don't hate the song. I always just assumed beard punk was specifically Four Year Strong. Didn't know it was a whole subgenre!

studskalny and Connor like this.
  6. Sander

kflkmflkm

lmao @ both stories

7. Steve_JustAGuy

Trusted

While I'm not sure what Beard Punk is, I'm here for it, give me all of your RIYL's.

8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Red City Radio, O Pioneers, The Holy Mess, The Riot Before, Off With Their Heads

9. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

People who don't like us don't like good music.

Idk what beard punk is, but I want in.

10. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

I didn't know anyone was.

11. SkyGrowsBigger

Regular

aka org-core? :sly:

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Pretty much, which is why it's odd to call out AP. As I said in another thread, there were like 10 regs in the punk thread and about 5 who cared about those bands

13. youngplanetary

The riot before is so dope

14. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

You should make their wish come true and give them an exclusive on AbsolutePunk....

That nobody will ever see

15. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

Song came out last November, like 7 months after Chorus launched. lol awkward.

16. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

riff raff is such a delight

OhTheWater likes this.
  17. I've had Four Year Strong labelled as beardcore in iTunes for years, so this is pretty funny.

18. red8ge

Regular

is twy beardcore yet

Butinsmallsteps and Turkeylegz like this.
  19. errolstafford

Who?

20. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I find this band mildly entertaining simply for bringing back neon pop punk. Beyond that... meh, not the worst but not great either.

21. tshreve

Metalicca

I think I've said this on here before, but I worked a show for this band once and they were making overtly sexual jokes/comments at an audience of almost entirely 14-15 year olds, not to mention the fact that their music itself was mostly just a backing track. Trash band, gross people

22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Out of interest, do we consider making sex jokes to make them "gross people"?

I've never seen them and don't like them, although my girlfriend is some sort of mega fan who meets them after their gigs all the time (to the point they remember her and her best friend), and that doesn't seem worse than Blink or All Time Low really?

23. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I had pointed this out to Jason, what a fail on their part

24. tshreve

Metalicca

It wasn't even all necessarily jokey, it was just like sexual comments that rubbed me entirely the wrong way. I'm not really into pop punk and don't ever attend shows where the crowd is that young and I was just shocked that they were totally comfortable bragging about their dicks in front of a bunch of children

25. inagreendase