Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Republic Of Wolves Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by loudasallgetout, Apr 26, 2016.

1. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Hope this new album has a ton of b sides like they've done in the past. The also do so many pretty alt versions of their own songs too. I really wish this album was coming out soon. There have such layered music, and are always in such high rotation for me in the fall and winter.

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Can you list them and how they are affiliated with the band?

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

How is his black teeth?

4. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

There isn't one release that isn't good
    I actually think some of the hooks on the first EP and reimagining are my favorite in the disco

The other project I know well are
    Tigers on trains and American gospel.
    I like the former more than the latter

5. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

In order of my preference...

Tigers on Trains - The main singer and the guitarists I guess kind of folk project that actually started before Wolves I think. Their first two albums are easily two of my favourite of all time. You can probably skip the third one ;)

American Gospel - The second singer's (he has now left wolves though) side project. Some super cool stuff on here.

The Year Fifteen - The screamo guy's side project, though there's no screaming on this.

Souveneer - The lead singer's other side project. Much like ToT but I don't think he's put out anything here worth listening to yet.

And all the projects feature cameos from the other bandmates on at least 1 song which is cool.

It's actually one of my favourite releases but it depends on what you like. It takes their first EP and completely reimagines it. It really puts the emphasis on the lyrics which are phenomenal.

fenway89 and AngryMan like this.
  6. AngryMan

Regular

Disagree on Antarctica in Color. That's a damn fine album. A little on the poppier side though, and it's hard to separate it from the Souveneer stuff now.

And don't forget about The Hamptons!

loudasallgetout likes this.
  7. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

cali4nia sk8r is a legitimately great song

loudasallgetout and AngryMan like this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

A weather vane reminds a bit of nobody moves vocally which I love

9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

I forgot all about this band. They're so good, and I hope this new album finally gets them out there.

teebs41 likes this.
  10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

If you like His Old Branches...is that, but slower and prettier. And they played around with it, changing lyrics, titles and Mason and Greg flip leads on two songs.

teebs41 likes this.
  11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Wish it was on streaming services ha

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I strongly like the singer that sings on the northern orthodox song a lot more than the other singer

13. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

So do I. We seem to be the only ones, teebs

teebs41 likes this.
  14. AngryMan

Regular

Me three. Gregg's weird accent always sounds a bit disingenuous to me. Still love American Gospel and The Cartographer, but most of his songs didn't hit the way Mason's songs do.

Zac Djamoos and teebs41 like this.
  15. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Looool I forgot about them. They put out an Xmas song too didn't they?

Don't get me wrong I like Antarctica in color it just doesn't really come close to touching the other two in my opinion. Mostly because Christian doesn't sing.

AngryMan likes this.
  16. AngryMan

Regular

Indeed they did. Might as well link it here since it's some of Mason's best stuff.

17. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Check bandcamp.

They have most of their stuff up on there

18. Kmil

Trusted

But Mirage is so damn good though. I agree with you, I enjoy Mason much more.

19. Kmil

Trusted

Even this bands b-sides are good

The alternate version of The Dead Men Stood Together
    Albatross
    Rosary
    Wood/Bricks
    Panicked Leaps

Man this band puts out a lot of good music

AngryMan, Joe4th and teebs41 like this.
  20. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

this bands last album just didnt vibe with me. looking forward to whats to come though.

fenway89 likes this.
  21. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it's definitely my least played now that time has gone by. That being said, Through Empty Vessels might be my favourite song of theirs. Or Mirage...

22. Kennedy

Monologues and Woolen Blankets compete for my favorite

23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Tanzih and Tashbih are an amazing ending to Varuna. Mirage is a powerful acoustic folkish song. I love the energy on Greenville, Mo. Wood/Bricks is a cool song. So many great tracks across all the releases.

Joe4th likes this.
  24. Kennedy

I have Varuna on vinyl, I need to give it a spin today. I got it out of a used bin for $6 lol

fenway89 likes this.
  25. AngryMan

Regular

Through Windows and Pioneers are up there for me. Probably a few others in that tier.