Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Republic Of Wolves Band • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by loudasallgetout, Apr 26, 2016.

1. AngryMan

Regular

Christian sings on ToT. He hasn't, as far as I know, on TROW, but it's never too late to start. Or Mason can just sing the whole track. Billy sounds too similar to Mason (at least on Already Spent and Greenville MO) to make much of a difference.

2. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I'm down with Mason singing the whole time honestly. He is a really good vocalist. I just really like Gregg's voice mixed in.

Agreed. He has a Andy Hull/Nate Hussey thing going, but its still different and unique. The dude is just super talented musically.

AngryMan likes this.
  3. AngryMan

Regular

4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I loved how there were different vocal contributions. I wish Gregg would have contributed on Mitma as a last hurrah.

5. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Hoping this has a real quick release. Can't believe someone like triple crown hasn't scooped these dudes up

fenway89 and airik625 like this.
  6. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

He already hardly had a roll on the last album so I think that was it.

And I actually like Christians vocals on the old ToT records more than Mason too. Hopefully he sings again on their next record. The last one was disappointing.

7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

The parts he was there for were good though. Greensville. Awesome. I think I prefer Mason to Gregg's vocals, but the combination of both was the best.

I really want a release date for this. I've really been so impressed with everything they've done (and enjoy the other projects as well).

8. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I'm friends with Mason on FB and have chatted him up a few times. Maybe I'll ask him :teethsmile:

fenway89 likes this.
  9. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Mason's by far my favorite vocalist in this band, one of my favorites overall. Excited to hear more of him

10. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

When did Gregg leave the band? Was it so long ago that I actaually forgot it happened since they haven't been super active?

Is he who sings the main parts in The Attic?

11. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Gregg.

12. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

And Mirage :heart:

13. Kmil Feb 5, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 5, 2017)
    Kmil

Trusted

Yup he sings the main parts in The Attic and a good amount of the songs on The Cartographer EP. He left a bit after "No Matter How Narrow", he wasn't as involved with that record as "Varuna" though.

Just to add to the vocalist discussion I think Christian actually has a pretty good voice, wish he sang more in the band, but Mason has continually gotten better with each release and he sounds great in that live video I posted on the last page. I always like Gregg as backup because he added flavor to songs and it was a good change of pace, but Mason is my favorite.

They're upcoming album is my most anticipated, they better release some info soon.

And I don't think "Mitama" will be on the new album, they put that video up almost 2 years ago. It's the same thing they did with "Consequence" on No "Matter How Narrow" released it early and ended up being a b-side on that album.

14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I Mitma just depends on if it fits the theme of the record. I'd be happy ignore it was a b side, as long as we can get it. Has the band ever performed it full band during alive show? Songs just too good to be disgarded.

Also, is Gregg doing another American Gospel album. First one feels forever ago. Just wasn't sure if he left to do more graphic design or production stuff or real life things.

15. AngryMan

Regular

Mason covered Aphasia by Pinegrove:

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  16. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I sent Mason a message about the new album.... I'll let you know if he answers me.

fenway89, .K., airik625 and 1 other person like this.
  17. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

To quote myself.....

They are aiming for a late summer release but no guarantees. They are trying to reach out to some labels.

AngryMan, .K. and Zac Djamoos like this.
  18. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Late summer...that seems so far away. I've always liked how accessable the releases have been through Simple Stereo and bandcamp. Thank you for asking. Still really looking forward to this record.

19. Kmil

Trusted

Late Summer is disappointing, but this should be amazing.

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Just got into this band, they should be highly recommended for anyone that likes brand new

Transient_Hymn likes this.
  21. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Late to the party.

22. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

This band is fucking great. If they would have been on a label the last 5 years, they would have a huge following in the scene

AngryMan and teebs41 like this.
  23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Their music is really accessable and they do self promote. I wonder if being in school when the band started has kept them from landing bigger tours. Musically top notch. That's what I care about. Each release has been so well crafted and they keep the releases coming which in my books is huge. It's also cool to note they are also self produced and do a great job at it.

teebs41 and Transient_Hymn like this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Very happy I found these guys real talented band

25. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

All the side projects worth checking out too.

AngryMan, Transient_Hymn and teebs41 like this.