Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Republic Of Wolves Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by loudasallgetout, Apr 26, 2016.

1. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

The Republic of Wolves is a rock band from Long Island, New York consisting of Mason Maggio and Christian Van Deurs of the indie band Tigers On Trains, as well as Billy Duprey and Chris Wall. Absolute Punk named their debut EP His Old Branches "the best EP to be released in 2009".

2. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

No thread for these guys yet? Sounds like a new full-length this year. They just updated their Facebook picture with "2016".

Their EP His Black Teeth might be my favourite thing they've done.

teebs41 and fenway89 like this.
  3. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Will this band ever break-through and play a full tour?
    Been listening for prob 5 years and they have never come West on tour

fenway89 likes this.
  4. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

I keep hoping so. I feel like they need a band like Brand New or Manchester to take notice and bring them aling

5. Connor

Also sucks Andrew left the band, absolutely loved his vocals

6. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Well I think they've been in school so that makes it tough. They seem to be doing more shows now than in the past. But then again I live in Canada, and not Toronto or Montreal, so what the hell do I know about tours?

7. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Absolutely this. His voice is so unique. I think I also like Christian's vocals better than Mason's, that's why I was bummed with the last ToT record. But anyways hopefully we get another American Gospel record to satisfy that Andrew void.

fenway89 likes this.
  8. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Bumping because they are teasing. Facebook cover photo says 2016. I think we can expect a new album later this year.... because this year hasn't been good enough already.

9. Inna Selez

Regular

Let's add some music in thread.

10. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I saw in the news section that they were teasing something. So that's exciting.

Would love a second volume of their acoustic covers project.

Would also love some more Souveneer.

11. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

It's a new LP.

They posted a song months ago and said it was from their upcoming LP.

12. AngryMan

Regular

This one, right? Because this is a jam. Even though I prefer Mason's vocals to anyone else's, this song may suffer on record with no Gregg Andrew bursting in on the second verse.

loudasallgetout and fenway89 like this.
  13. Connor

Gregg Andrew is the man, I'm gonna miss his stuff in this band

loudasallgetout and AngryMan like this.
  14. AngryMan

Regular

Hopefully we'll get some new American Gospel sometime.

fenway89 likes this.
  15. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Tall Tales Vol. 2 would be awesome!

Absolutely. Don't get me wrong, I love Mason's voice and all his work but I guess you could say that it's not overly unique or interesting? Both Gregg and Christian have more appealing vocals in my opinion. I think the last Wolves album suffered from Gregg having a lesser role and the last ToT too because Christian didn't sing.

fenway89 likes this.
  16. Transient_Hymn

Will this drop all the "scream" vocals

17. AngryMan

Regular

I don't think so. Billy does the screams, and he's still around. And if I remember correctly, Mason mentioned somewhere that this album will be darker than the last.

fenway89 likes this.
  18. Connor

Remember their April fools joke when they said they were working in heavy music and linked to 8-bit music

AngryMan likes this.
  19. AngryMan

Regular

Their The Hamptons side project is pretty heavy too haha

20. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

That song isn't even bad to be honest.

AngryMan likes this.
  21. AngryMan

Regular

[​IMG]
    New facebook cover photo. 9/5/2016?

airik625 likes this.
  22. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

That's in 5 days?!

23. Kmil

Trusted

Looks like it is 9/5/2016 because they have been posting a mini little clip on their social media the past few days and today the 31st is No. 5, so Sunday will be No. 1 and then Monday the song will probably drop.

I can't wait for this, these dudes are one of my favorite bands, I honestly don't hope they go too dark, I loved No Matter How Narrow, an in between record of that and Varuna would be great.

24. Kmil

Trusted

"Mitama" was posted over a year ago, it may not even be on the album. That's at least what they did with the last album, they released Consequence fairly early and then that ended up a b-side on No Matter How Narrow.

25. Transient_Hymn

Between the last two albums would be perfect. I think the style of the first ep is still my fav.

Would like to see them tour and really hone what they got.

AngryMan likes this.