Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Republic of Wolves Stream New Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 26, 2018.

1. xenoabe

Regular

Keeping it old school. I still kinda miss Tuesdays as the album release day. I liked the whole work week to listen to any new albums.

2. Agreed x10

fenway89 likes this.
  3. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i got it for backing on friday and have been giving it a lot of time. i don't know that i would call it their best/my favorite from them, but it's a great album and I'm sure like all of their works it'll continue to grow on me. their combo of musical atmosphere, religious themes, and songwriting structures is on the money as always. super excited for my cd/vinyl/shirt to come in.

fenway89 likes this.
  4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Sounds like a combination of BN and the Felix Culpa's Sever Your Roots

so yeah this is incredible

Saephon and fenway89 like this.
  5. dlemert

Trusted

This is my first time listening to this band but dammit Birdless Cage is a masterpiece.

6. Saephon

Regular

Just quoting for visibility. To anyone who likes this kind of music, please please check out the above mentioned album. The Felix Culpa were a very overlooked band from my hometown (Chicago area), and Sever Your Roots is a post-hardcore masterpiece that needs more love. Okay, plug over.

Zac Djamoos and Chase Tremaine like this.
  7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

[​IMG]

Saephon likes this.
  8. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I can’t not think about Brand New when I hear this band.

Not sure how I feel about that.

This is great though.

9. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

This feels like one of those albums I'd want to wait to play for the first time on vinyl (usually I don't care) - and I've managed to patiently wait without listening to the singles. But now that I've downloaded the extended version as part of the pre-sale, I really don't think I can wait until June - everyone's so enthusiastic about it!

teebs41 likes this.
  10. esperotic

This band always reminded me of 'A Common Year', not so much because of their sound, but because of their ability to consistently put out amazing music, yet never can seem to get big like they deserve! grrrrr

teebs41 likes this.
  11. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Brand Who?

12. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

Man, I was headed to see The Dear Hunter, Kay Kay And His Weathered Underground, O'Brother, and The Felix Culpa back in.. 2011. We got caught on the highway due to an accident and lost 45 minutes, missing all of Felix Culpa's set and the beginning of O'Brother. They announced their breakup like the next week. Got Sever Your Roots on vinyl at the show at least, but that was a bummer.

13. I am soooooooooooooo hooked on this record.

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Join us in the album thread!

15. Saye

If you're in the chicagoland area the Felix Culpa are playing a one off show Friday April 6 @ the Beat Kitchen. They've played a couple times since the breakup and it's always a good time.

Saephon and teebs41 like this.
  16. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I love that band

17. Steven

This is good. Finally they have an album with good sound quality - for me, those guitars really made Varuna suffer.

One more thing as well - this album has the potential to be a solid 4 if it didn’t have a mini solo in every single song...it doesn’t hurt the album by any means

teebs41 likes this.
  18. serotonin

Does sound like a good time, but Chicago is five hours away so while I definitely make my way for some bigger events, it's not a simple weekend trip. Minneapolis and Madison are my main stops for concerts.

19. Saephon

Regular

Ouch man, sorry to hear that. I was at that show. Lincoln Hall or something, was it? I love all those bands, it was my first introduction to Kay Kay that night. Bought their LP on vinyl immediately from the merch booth.

20. serotonin

My show was at the Triple Rock in Minneapolis (which closed :( in December). Yeah all the bands are great. Got to see O'Brother with TDH again a couple years later.