Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Republic of Wolves - shrine (March 27, 2018) Album • Page 71

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Kmil, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

New Souveneer single released today. Good song.

Kmil and mattylikesfilms like this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Kmil and Colin Your Enthusiasm like this.
  3. Kmil

Trusted

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  4. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Ya loving it. Hoping for more.

Kmil likes this.
  5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Just checked, it’s on bandcamp now too.

Colin Your Enthusiasm likes this.
  6. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

.K. and Kmil like this.
  7. Kmil

Trusted

Still want those recorded acoustic tracks, this version of "Colored Out" is gorgeous.

teebs41, .K. and Carrow like this.
  8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

When the time is right, these guys need to do another TROW album. I was listening to Shrine today, and they make great records. Loki g forward to TOT, but the the Wolves are my favourite.

Kmil and teebs41 like this.
  9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

When is tigers on trains dropping?

10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Don’t know if they released a date yet, but they put a song up on band camp.

11. kupe

Regular

I really liked, but didn't love this album when it first came out. Today I woke up with The Canyon in my head (does anyone else wake up with random songs in their head?) so I decided to listen to the whole album. I now see the folly of my ways, this album freakin rocks dude

12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

All their albums are really good. I’m not sure if there will be another album, but there should be. I am amazed no labels picked them up, but in my opinion, the production, artwork and videos have all been solid. It was also sort cool to message the band and buy the deluxe version of the album off of them directly (for Shrine). Hope there is more to come when the time is right.

Jesse West likes this.
  13. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

Colored Out gets stuck in my head every so often. "THEN WHAT THE HELL'S THE TRUTTTTTHHH FOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!"

14. Kal El

The sidewalks are watching me think about you.

Shrine is great but I need a new Tigers on Trains album. What's the holdup?

15. brendanmachow

not a doctor

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  16. Kmil

Trusted

This band has always delivered. I love "shrine" immensely.

.K. likes this.
  17. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I actually listened to this yesterday for the first time in a while too so funny the thread blew up at the same time.

I thought when Tigers in Trains put out that single last year that it said it was part of an upcoming 2019 album? I guess it got pushed back.

kupe likes this.
  18. Kal El

The sidewalks are watching me think about you.

Billy used to visit the forums back in the AP.net days, I wish he stopped by here.

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Shrine is easily this band's best record to date if you ask me.

20. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Hard to argue with that. Though I really love them all. I'm listening to No Matter How Narrow right now which I've probably always thought was the worst but I'm really digging it. The closer is one of my favourites from them for sure.

Kmil and mattylikesfilms like this.
  21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I’ll have to give that record another shot cause I felt meh overall about it.

22. AngryMan

Regular

While I agree that album as a whole is meh, it does have some of their best work. Greenville, Pioneers, Vinedresser, Through Empty Vessels.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  23. AngryMan

Regular

I think they missed their opportunity. If I remember correctly, they turned down a deal with Equal Vision and decided to do everything in house. Probably a mistake because if this band had been marketed properly and actually toured, they'd have a pretty large following.

24. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I love all the records. I think Varuna is such an impressive first record. It has depth. They really built if the EP. Narrow does shift energies a bit, and it’s still really good. Shrine sort of takes from both records and put it own special mark on there. 3 for 3, plus a wealth of b sides and alt versions.

They also had really professional feeling releases. I am glad they stayed independent because what they gave us was fantastic, but I wish they had become more known.

If I was involved in a label I would have signed them after those demo leaks.

Kmil likes this.
  25. Darth Amory

Sith Lord.

"No Matter How Narrow" became a huge favorite of mine because when it came out Michigan was having one of the shittiest winters. The vibe of that album and "Frozen Feet" just kinda sucked me in.

"Turning Lane" is perfect.

Kmil likes this.